First Lady Michelle Obama, Daughters to Visit Set of Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Reported to be False?

DH Film
June 09, 2009, 07:41 AM

The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters are apparently due to visit the set of the final Harry Potter films today. The Daily Mail is reporting Mrs. Obama and her daughters will pay a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and "are expected to meet with Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and the other stars of the movie." Long time fans of the Harry Potter series, readers will recall recently during a visit to the UK with her husband, Michelle Obama attended a special dinner and was seated next to Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. During another event the next day, Jo treated the guests including Michelle Obama, to a reading from The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Update: Despite multiple media reports of the visit, Vanessa Davies who does press for various Harry Potter cast members and events, denied there was a visit to the set planned. Speaking to ABC news she said "There is no Obama visit, not as far as I know. I feel I would be in the loop if there was such a visit."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_potter_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_avatar_thumb

I’m actually not a sourpuss, and i’m not an ass, i just had one of those moments that’s all sorry.

Posted by Huddz on June 10, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator
Cauldron2_thumb

Wow, what lucky kids!!

Posted by PotionsLover on June 10, 2009, 08:48 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

…soooo lucky :-(…

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on June 10, 2009, 09:54 AM report to moderator
20110714-092024_thumb

This is so cool! I must say i LOVE that the first lady and first daughters are fans or Harry Potter! :D I hope they have an amazing time! :D ♥

Posted by Greta on June 10, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

To the Victor (Krum?) belong the spoils.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on June 10, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

I’m confuddled…you mean they didn’t go? why not?!

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on June 10, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator

By all means, the American taxpayers should have to pay for every extravagance the Obama’s can think of……NOT!!!!!
I am so sick of them!

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 10, 2009, 09:48 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

One day I am def becoming the next really really legendary famous singer and mayber, just maybe, I’ll meet the HP cast and JKROWLINGGGGG!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 11, 2009, 02:56 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

Sometimes I wish I was an Obama daughter too…

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on June 11, 2009, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

Oh come on I deserve this more than them!!!!!! Grrrroowwwwwwwlllllllll!!!!!!

Posted by readhp1008 on June 11, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

WOW!!!! haha!

i wonder if they will. dan did invite them…

Posted by Leeann on June 13, 2009, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

Aww. I wish my Dad was the president. Too bad it is not true.

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on June 15, 2009, 04:59 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I think that we can now say that the rumors were accurate when it came to them visiting the set. :)

Posted by Kirk on June 15, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator

Fred and George looked at each other. Then Fred said abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but --"