First Lady Michelle Obama, Daughters to Visit Set of Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Reported to be False?

DH Film
June 09, 2009, 07:41 AM

The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters are apparently due to visit the set of the final Harry Potter films today. The Daily Mail is reporting Mrs. Obama and her daughters will pay a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and "are expected to meet with Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and the other stars of the movie." Long time fans of the Harry Potter series, readers will recall recently during a visit to the UK with her husband, Michelle Obama attended a special dinner and was seated next to Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. During another event the next day, Jo treated the guests including Michelle Obama, to a reading from The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Update: Despite multiple media reports of the visit, Vanessa Davies who does press for various Harry Potter cast members and events, denied there was a visit to the set planned. Speaking to ABC news she said "There is no Obama visit, not as far as I know. I feel I would be in the loop if there was such a visit."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Krum_avatar2_thumb

Usually I’d be upset that a “celebrity” got a chance to visit on set, but the fact that this whole family has mentioned how much they like the series makes it okay for me. They’re fans; if they weren’t fans and were getting to go on set, I’d be mad.

Posted by AccioKrum on June 10, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Wow! How nice that the kids are getting this perk. The president did read all the HP bookd to his girls so they are big fans.

Posted by Cool G on June 10, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator
1980 Points

im reaaallllly jealous!!!! luky

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 10, 2009, 01:17 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Very lucky!! Hope they have a great time!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 10, 2009, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Hp7main_thumb

This is very cool. I don’t know who I’m more jealous of. The girls or the trio. :-)

Posted by 9and3qtrs[ROAR] on June 10, 2009, 02:49 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_avatar_thumb

I think that it’s bollocks that people like her can go to the set when we can’t She’s not even that famous, she’s only famous because of her husband and her children shouldn’t be able to go either. Fellow countrymen should be allowed to visit the set before any so called celebrity. I know that kinda sounded like i was being an ass but thats how i feel sometimes you Why should they get when we don’t???

Posted by Huddz on June 10, 2009, 02:51 AM report to moderator

They’re so lucky. . . I wish I could visit the set and meet the trio. . . :(

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on June 10, 2009, 02:56 AM report to moderator

Oh my gosh, they’re so incrediably lucky!

Posted by elaphantluv34 on June 10, 2009, 03:22 AM report to moderator
008_thumb

Ugh, Im so jealous!!

Posted by TaylerWeasley on June 10, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator
C_01_thumb

@ Huddz – People like you annoy me. Like there have not been contest for everyday fans to get a chance to go to the set. There have been contests every year since the beginning! Try entering one. You’re a sourpuss and if they ever do go to the set your just going to have to get over it. How the hell are they suppose to let all Fans come to the set? That’s why they have contest. You don’t win? TO BAD. GET OVER IT.

Posted by Rose on June 10, 2009, 04:11 AM report to moderator

I want to do that! Lucky.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 10, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

“I know that kinda sounded like i was being an ass…”

@Huddz, I gotta agree with that.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 10, 2009, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Newgee1_thumb

I wanna GOoooooo !!!!!!!!
oh so jealous !!!!!!

Posted by ms.black parade on June 10, 2009, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Granger_thumb

Michelle Obama is so lucky!!!! I can’t believe she sat next to J.K. Rowling at dinner!

Posted by bjullie on June 10, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

Um, what part of “there’s no set visit that I know of” aren’t you all understanding? Vanessa Davies, who should know about these things, said there’s no Obama daughters set visit planned so you can all stop being jealous(and, in the case of some of you, Republican) now.

Posted by iamminerva on June 10, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator

Ron pulled out his own wand -- not knowing what he was going to do he heard himself cry the first spell that came into his head: [i]"Wingardium Leviosa!"[/i][br]The club flew suddenly out of the troll's hand, rose high, high up into the air, turned slowly