First Lady Michelle Obama, Daughters to Visit Set of Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Reported to be False?

DH Film
June 09, 2009, 07:41 AM

The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters are apparently due to visit the set of the final Harry Potter films today. The Daily Mail is reporting Mrs. Obama and her daughters will pay a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and "are expected to meet with Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and the other stars of the movie." Long time fans of the Harry Potter series, readers will recall recently during a visit to the UK with her husband, Michelle Obama attended a special dinner and was seated next to Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. During another event the next day, Jo treated the guests including Michelle Obama, to a reading from The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Update: Despite multiple media reports of the visit, Vanessa Davies who does press for various Harry Potter cast members and events, denied there was a visit to the set planned. Speaking to ABC news she said "There is no Obama visit, not as far as I know. I feel I would be in the loop if there was such a visit."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dhonesheet_thumb

I’m soooo Jealous!!! I want to visit the Deathly Hallows set and meet Dan, Rupert, and Emma. Heck I wouldn’t even mind meeting the Obamas…This is soo cool!!!

Posted by cghambright on June 09, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yeah, this one would have been easy for them to check up on to see if it was a rumor or not.

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 09, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

Jealous! If only were one of them. hmph.
I hope we get some video though! Or pictures? Please, maybe?

Posted by Hermionegirl on June 09, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

They´re so lucky! I’m sure they will have a great time!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on June 09, 2009, 10:18 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Oh, the benefits of being the President’s daughters… We’re all jealous!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on June 09, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

What a treat for them – it will make for good memories.

Posted by Xyra44 on June 09, 2009, 10:59 PM report to moderator
295565_thumb
so lucky!
Posted by soso on June 09, 2009, 11:04 PM report to moderator
Johnaeryn_thumb

Dude! I wanna be an Obama kid!

Posted by Jaina47 on June 09, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator

It’s ridiculous that they get to do that just because they’re celebrities.

There are no words to describe my anger right now.

Posted by Lily Phoenix on June 09, 2009, 11:59 PM report to moderator

cameo!
have michelle and the girls be diagon alley walkers or something!!

Posted by john-robert. on June 10, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I think I should be able to go along with them since my tax dollars are helping to pay for their flight, hotel, etc. I won’t be much trouble, I swear.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on June 10, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator

They are so so lucky!
Send us pictures!!! Please :)

Posted by on June 10, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I think it’s great that they are going to get to visit. Since Michelle Obama met JKR at the dinner, it’s too bad they can’t work in a visit with her as well. The girls would love it.

This story just makes me smile.

Posted by Eeyore on June 10, 2009, 12:32 AM report to moderator

Awesome opportunity for them! I hope they have a great time!

Posted by AubNoelle on June 10, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome!!! its so cool the Obamas are big fans! they are so lucky they get to go on set and meet everyone!!!! thats so cool!!! can i come with!!!!/???

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 10, 2009, 12:42 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicholas Flam