First Lady Michelle Obama, Daughters to Visit Set of Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Reported to be False?

DH Film
June 09, 2009, 07:41 AM

The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters are apparently due to visit the set of the final Harry Potter films today. The Daily Mail is reporting Mrs. Obama and her daughters will pay a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and "are expected to meet with Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and the other stars of the movie." Long time fans of the Harry Potter series, readers will recall recently during a visit to the UK with her husband, Michelle Obama attended a special dinner and was seated next to Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. During another event the next day, Jo treated the guests including Michelle Obama, to a reading from The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Update: Despite multiple media reports of the visit, Vanessa Davies who does press for various Harry Potter cast members and events, denied there was a visit to the set planned. Speaking to ABC news she said "There is no Obama visit, not as far as I know. I feel I would be in the loop if there was such a visit."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Img_7524_thumb

Of course I’d love to have that opportunity too, but I won’t begrudge any true Harry Potter fan the chance to do something that cool. As someone else said, I think it would be awesome if TLC arrange to have Malia and Sasha’s reactions posted on the site!! I would love to read all about it!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on June 09, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator

I hope they enjoy their set visit and I am a little bit jealous (who wouldn’t be?). But as they are true HP fans it is nice to know that they will appreciate this opportunity.

Posted by enchantedsocks on June 09, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I think we’re all envious and not jealous unless of course y’all don’t want to share the trio with anyone else :D

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 09, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Scrap_tiger_1879__thumb

I think it’s absolutely great! Just think, if you had the chance wouldn’t you want your parents to invite your favorite author to dinner? I’d be very surprised if Mrs. Obama didn’t have orders from at least her oldest daughter to be very nice to JKR at that dinner.
I think it’s marvellous that the President of the US has read all the Harry Potter books, and it’s even better that we have our own lobbyist inside the first family. It can only be good to have the president keeping in touch with his inner Dumbledore -you know, not what is easy, but what is right? Not a bad thing at all! Hope JKR and her husband get invited to spend the night in the Lincoln bedroom -and I hope they accept.

Posted by CathrynOCamdentowne on June 09, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

that’s great for them!
kind of sucks for us though, no “easy access” of any sort for us average fans lol.

Posted by kingdom on June 09, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Lucky Baracks! What a fabulous childhood memory!

Posted by Smitch on June 09, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Press reports do seem somewhat sketchy. I have seen it suggested they visited the set yesterday instead of today (perhaps because their itinerary today didn’t allow a trip to the film studios (and are they filming at Pinewood or Leavesden?). It certainly does sound consistent with the press putting two and two together and getting five.

Posted by roonwit on June 09, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator

It’s so cool that the Obamas are HP fans.

Posted by badger666 on June 09, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The Times also has a report http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6466571.ece casting doubt on this supposed visit to the Harry Potter set.

Posted by roonwit on June 09, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Is this real? or is it just made up. I would hope it is real and I’d love to swap places with them, how awesome would that be, I think I would squee till I fainted XD

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on June 09, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator

I wish I were them, though If I was, I’d make a right fool of myself squeeing so hard.

Posted by Nylota on June 09, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Twiwiz_thumb

Dear First Lady,
Please adopt me. Stat.
XOXO,
Twiwizardjedi

Posted by twiwizardjedi on June 09, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

“are expected to meet with Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and the other stars of the movie.”

&cough& RUPERT.

Hmph.

I hope they have a nice time.

Posted by Linnyish on June 09, 2009, 08:39 PM report to moderator

I’m a bit annoyed because they didn’t mention Rupert!!!! RUPERT!!

anyway, they’re so lucky (I don’t know if I mean the Obama girls or the HP cast..I’m still thinking about it ;)

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 09, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator

Maybe Rupert isn’t working today? I hope we get to see some of the visit.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on June 09, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator

Moody's magical eye quivered as it rested on Hermione. "You're another one who might think about a career as an Auror," he told her. "Mind works the right way, Granger."[br]Hermione flushed pink with pleasure.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014