First Lady Michelle Obama, Daughters to Visit Set of Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Reported to be False?

DH Film
June 09, 2009, 07:41 AM

The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, and her two daughters are apparently due to visit the set of the final Harry Potter films today. The Daily Mail is reporting Mrs. Obama and her daughters will pay a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and "are expected to meet with Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and the other stars of the movie." Long time fans of the Harry Potter series, readers will recall recently during a visit to the UK with her husband, Michelle Obama attended a special dinner and was seated next to Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. During another event the next day, Jo treated the guests including Michelle Obama, to a reading from The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Update: Despite multiple media reports of the visit, Vanessa Davies who does press for various Harry Potter cast members and events, denied there was a visit to the set planned. Speaking to ABC news she said "There is no Obama visit, not as far as I know. I feel I would be in the loop if there was such a visit."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Msn_thumb

So lucky :P Hope they have a great time!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on June 09, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I hate it how celebs can go to these things. I guess it’s just me being jealous!

Posted by Prisoner Of Azkaban on June 09, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
Dscf3969_background_thumb

wow they are so lucky! I bet the cast are really nervous about meeting them aswell!

Posted by AishMeist on June 09, 2009, 08:08 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Lucky ducks… I wish I were them. =(

Posted by Christine on June 09, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

That’s so awsome! I bet any fan would trade thier places in a heartbeat. I know I would.

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on June 09, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
I_thumb

I wish my husband were president lol

Posted by KanderNam on June 09, 2009, 08:24 AM report to moderator

I love how you called the First Lady and her daughter celebrities, Prisoner Of Azkaban. =P

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on June 09, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Dscn1798-pippi-x_thumb

How exciting for them! I bet the HP site visit will be the highlight of their trip. It would be for me…

Posted by JRae on June 09, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator

Ha ha ha!! Finally what Daniel said became true!! XD He will be able to do a guided tour for Obama’s daughters!! XD

Posted by Bonnie Radcliffe on June 09, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

What a treat for them. Sigh!

Posted by budgie on June 09, 2009, 08:56 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_www

Great for those two girls – they’ll have a fantastic time!

Although I am over celebrities being able to have easy access to things like this!

Posted by Truckles {OoM4} on June 09, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator

The older one should get a cameo in the movie..

Posted by entoptic on June 09, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

JEALOUS here! :)

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on June 09, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

What a fantastic opportunity for the girls! Can I tag-a-long? Please?

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 09, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Rsz_1myleakypic_thumb

Hey Pottercasters, when (and I do say when, not if) you find a venue in DC, you should totally invite the Obama’s. Of course it’s far fatched, but they are obviously fans, and how often do they get invited to do totally normal, purely fun sorts of things? I bet the girls would love wizard rock! LoL. Can’t wait to see y’all in the Capitol!

Posted by SnapeShapedHole on June 09, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator

"I think," said Harry hurriedly, at a meaningful look from Nick, "Nick's very -- frightening and -- er --"[br]"Ha!" yelled Sir Patrick's head. "Bet he asked you to say that!"