Emma Watson, the New Face of Burberry

Watson
June 09, 2009, 07:18 AM

Actress Emma Watson who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series has long been open about her great love of fashion, appearing in countless magazines sporting couture from various designers. She has now taken that a step further as she has officially become the face for classic UK house Burberry. Today you can see new photos of the ads for the Fall/Winter Burberry campaign featuring Emma Watson here via Marie Claire magazine. Along with photos of Emma sporting their traditional trench coats and high end classic plaid bags, the magazine reports "Speaking to WWD, Burberry creative director Christopher Bailey commented, 'I wanted the images to represent both the rich history and the modernity of the Burberry brand, while at the same time reflecting a quiet beauty, timelessness and strength that is particularly significant today.' The Evening Standard has a few more photos here, and notes:

Dangling off her arm are a bevy of cute accessories, from hot male models du jour Tom Guinness, Charlie France and Douglas Booth to Burberry's Woolf bag, a capacious suede tote with embroidered overlay costing a cool £1,095. The collection is inspired by Virginia Woolf and the Bloomsbury set.

Despite persistent rumours linking her to Chanel, and her ubiquitous presence at international fashion shows, Burberry is the first major advertising campaign that the 19-year-old Harry Potter star has snagged. It is likely to swell her estimated £8 million fortune by six figures.

“Having known and admired the lovely Emma Watson for quite some time, she was the obvious choice for this campaign,” said Burberry's creative director, Christopher Bailey. “I wanted the images to represent the rich history and modernity of Burberry while reflecting a quiet beauty, timelessness and strength that is particularly significant today.

Emma has a classic beauty, a great character and a modern edge. Her charm, intellect and brilliant sense of fun made the whole shoot feel like a picnic on the Thames.”He added: “I felt Emma would be strong enough to hold the campaign as the only girl, and I loved the idea of her being surrounded by these young, cool British guys." The ads will appear in magazines and online in August of this year.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Clanmacq2_thumb

So very cool! Yay for Emma!

Posted by Lizbit on June 10, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator

She is so beautiful!!

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 10, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

Ugh, I wish i had those clothes!!!! Congrats, Emma!

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on June 11, 2009, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Stardust_thumb

I saw this on JustJared and I was so excited. I absolutely love Burberry, such a classic and timeless designer. And to have Emma as the face of Burberry! Now that’s just amazing. The girl is so elegant and chic, she’s a perfect choice (though, not going to lie, sometimes it annoys me how gorgeous she is because that’s not what I picture Hermione to be like in my head).

Posted by alisonshine [ROAR] on June 11, 2009, 04:40 AM report to moderator

Still not sure what to think about her doing advertising, but the pictures sure look great. But I wouldn´t mind hearing her speak a little more. :)

Posted by Fonty on June 11, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

Congratulations!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on June 11, 2009, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

wow!!!! she looks gorg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i usually dont like burberry coz its chavvy(uk slang). dont like chavs. but she has totally changed burberry 4 me!!

she looks amazing!

Congrats Emma!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 11, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOW!
Congrats Emma!
Wicked pictures, you’re so lucky!
Hope everything goes brilliantly (I’m sure it will!) :)
Good luck! :D

great news. i’m glad to hear it.

Posted by Leeann on June 14, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I doubt I have ever seen Emma as beautiful, as gorgeous, as breathtaking, as she is in these images. Her contributions to Burbery will prove immensely helpful and beneficial to the company, as far as I am concerned.

Posted by Kirk on June 16, 2009, 05:18 AM report to moderator

Chairs slid backward again as the Knight Bus jumped from the Birmingham motorway to a quiet country lane full of hairpin bends...[br]"I've changed my mind," muttered Ron, picking himself up from the floor for the sixth time, "I never want to ride on here

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014