Chicago Potter Fans Wins Tickets to London Half-Blood Prince Premiere

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
June 09, 2009, 10:17 AM

A lucky Harry Potter fan from Chicago, Illinois will soon be on her way to attend the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince premiere in London, England, as she is the winner of the Warner Bros. London Premiere Sweepstakes.  As TLC reported previously, this contest sends the winner and a guest to London for the premiere of the sixth film on July 7th.  The article notes that Penny Lewin, who has not been on a vacation in ten years, is set to take her best friend along with her to the premiere, and hopes to bring back a signed book for her nephew Michael.  The article goes on to say that Ms Lewin was drawn to the books due to her 'love of creativity and imagination,' and soon found she could relate to the series.  A short video of the winner talking more about her prize is embedded on the left-hand side of the page here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

She is soooo lucky!! I would so love to go to the London premiere.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 10, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

….soooo lucky…:-(

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on June 10, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Yay congrats!!

Posted by wiirenet on June 10, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Great going – have a ball

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 10, 2009, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

Aw, congratulations, Penny! Have fun!!! wish I could go too :)

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on June 10, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

That so awesome! Congrats :)

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on June 10, 2009, 10:57 PM report to moderator

congrats penny, you lucky duck!

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on June 10, 2009, 11:00 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Lucky whoever that person is!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 11, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Congrats, Penny! Have a wonderful time for all of us. And what a shame that your nephew doesn’t want to fly. I bet he’ll regret that decision some day.

Posted by Eeyore on June 11, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

It premieres in London on my birthday how cool is that?!

Posted by LunaLuver on June 11, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

It premieres in London on my birthday how cool is that?!

Posted by LunaLuver on June 11, 2009, 02:16 AM report to moderator
Gryffindor-cat-is-not-amused_thumb

HA! Why is it that when I lived in chicago I never won anything like this? She is one LUCKY fan! And o to the m to the g if I had a fear of flying I would quickly get over it for an opportunity like this! (only kidding, I know phobias take a long process of systematic desensitization to get over since that’s kind of my line of work, but still, just sayin…hehe).

Posted by stuckinanhpmoment on June 11, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
001_thumb

Hope you have a great time Penny!

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 11, 2009, 03:06 AM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Congratulations! I don’t like to fly either but I think I would tough it out to go to England for the premiere!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on June 11, 2009, 03:12 AM report to moderator

im gona be standing there tryin get stuff signed! well done love

Posted by granger_malfoy on June 11, 2009, 03:46 AM report to moderator

"Oh that's my Foe-Glass. See them out there, skulking around? I'm not really in trouble until I see the whites of their eyes. That's when I open my trunk."[br]He let out a short, harsh laugh, and pointed to the large trunk under the window. It had seven k

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014