New Interview with Dan Radcliffe and Tom Felton Online

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
June 08, 2009, 11:05 PM

There is a new interview online this evening of actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) courtesy of scans over on FeltBeats.com.  Appearing in the August 2009 issue of Sci Fi Magazine, the interview poses questions to the two actors about the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film.  Mr. Felton speaks at some length about the role of his character in the film.  Of Draco's changes and emotional suffering in the Half-Blood Prince, Felton says:

"This book reveals the most about Draco. When I was reading it, I didin't know if he was going to go through with it or not. I’d like to think that his drive of wanting to be the chosen and take Potters place was far greater than his fear of killing someone. Right up to the last minute, I though, ‘Yeah, he’s going to do this.’ And then he lowers his wand–he never really had it in him. That was a revelation to me. He doesn’t have half the heart of Harry–although killing someone is nothing to have heart for–but you need courage and bravery that isn’t up to par with Potter. I remember when the book came out, I was like, ‘I’m going to wait for the script, because I don’t wan tto get prepared for a scene that’s not going to be there.’ A friend picked it up and said, ‘You’re in this quite a bit,’ so I naturally picked it up rather rapidly and read it cover to cover in about 24 hours. I can’t remember what I was hoping for: [Draco] to do it or not. I quite like the fact that he doesn’t. I think it separates him from the rest of the dark side. He’s quite human, Draco. More so than the rest of them, anyway."
Mr. Felton also says in the interview that he "is only human" and couldn’t put down the seventh one once I opened it up.

Dan Radcliffe also speaks to his character in the film, relating his feelings on filming the sixth installment of the series, the way he feels the sixth film holds up to the book, and his hopes that the off-screen friendship the young actor developed with Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) will show on screen as well.  Quoteage:
"[Gambon] is wonderful and I love him and he's one of the greatest actors I've ever worked with but it is amazing because he will be actively trying to make you laugh right up until the point where the director says, 'Action.'  I think I'll be vaguely happy with the scenes between myself and Michael Gambon.  I think they'll be good.  Because we got to like each other very much off screen, I'm hoping onscreen that'll come across."
In addition, the interview features quotes from a slew of fellow Potter cast and crew members, including director David Yates, Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom), and production designer Stuart Craig.  David Yates notes in the article that working on the Potter films has allowed him to utilize visual effects in a way he had not been able to previously.

The full series of scans from the magazine containing the full article can be viewed right here.

Thanks to LilyGinny27!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Img_44501_thumb

way cool. great interviews :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 10, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator

I’m glad Tom is getting more screen time in this film. He has been great in the others!

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on June 10, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Felton… EEK! HE’S POTTAMZING! Then again, he wouldn’t naturally be that so I say he’d be Malfamazing?

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 10, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
Hr_hbp_thumb

I enjoyed reading this article. I like how Tom mentioned filming various takes with differing emotions and not knowing which emotion will ultimately be chosen as the final one.

I also like Dan: “All the main points of the story are there in terms of Ron’s relationship with Lavender and the fighting between him and Hermione, which is obviously sexually charged.” OBVIOUSLY! :p :)

Posted by RHrSoulmates on June 11, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Tom is AWESUM!!

great interviews. the actors had interesting and well worded answers. very nice.

Posted by Leeann on June 12, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

I love the interview.

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on June 14, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Tom offered unique and refreshing thoughts on his character! I hope that his attitudes toward Draco are reflected in the performance he delivers in the film, as the complexity he sees in the character would make for great movie material.

Posted by Kirk on June 15, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

nice! =]

Posted by kingdom on June 18, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

great actors!

Posted by kingdom on June 18, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator

"Skrewts doing all right, Hagrid?" Harry called.[br]"Thrivin'," Hagrid called back happily.[br]"Yeah, I'll just bet they are," said Ron quietly. "Looks like they've finally found a food they like, doesn't it? Hagrid's fingers."