Rebel, Rebel: Jason Isaacs Talks Trio of Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson

HP Cast
June 06, 2009, 05:48 PM

Actor Jason Isaacs has made some new comments about his young Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows co-stars, praising how Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson have handled fame and life in the spotlight. In his typical lighthearted gracious and humorous fashion, Jason joked "that the films would have benefitted if their young stars had been more rebellious. "The problem with Harry Potter is that there is so little controversy," he complained at the first night of Sister Act, the West End musical. "It would be so great for the press if one of them would go off the rails and end up in rehab, but they are, actually, just really sweet guys."

In the interview with The Telegraph, Jason Isaacs also continued to speak about the bright future ahead for the Trio, noting:

"They can fall backwards on their mountains of cash," he said. "It doesn't matter. They're really talented and they've got each other as close friends, which is all that matters because no one else has been through the same thing.

"What is amazing about them is that they are still respectful and have humility and work ethic. I have met and sometimes worked with their American equivalents and they have none of those things.

"Daniel will potentially be a great director or producer. He's very interested in behind-the-camera work. Remember, they have spent more hours in front of the camera in the last decade than most people have in their entire career."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Foto_8_thumb

First :D Cool interview^^

Posted by Lilleby on June 06, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

i love it :)

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on June 06, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Testolv_thumb

Awww~, I love the interview (and Jason, of course ^^)! :D <3

Posted by CissyMalfoy on June 06, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

I agree that the trio are remarkably well adjusted and seem like just very nice people, despite their fame and all the money and everything that goes along with it. It makes me happy for them, and proud of them. I also agree that MOST American teenagers in the business seem hell bent on a path of self-destruction, but not all. I would have liked a little qualifier in there from Jason Isaacs. I love him, but a small qualifier would have been nice. We’re not ALL bad, and neither are ALL of our young actors. I’m sure I can come up with one or two who still have some humility, respect and work ethic. If you give me a minute.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on June 06, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

beautifuly said Jason! and thank God they are what they’re “swwet guys”!
ha,didn’t I say the same thing for Dan long time ago? I said here on leaky: Dan will be directing one day!" ha!

Posted by Matea on June 06, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Love jason! nice comments about the trio tho…it is strange when u think about how normal they are in comparison to other child actors who grow up in the media eye

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 06, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Well said! These young stars have had a rare opportunity to grow up in and around movie productions and see all that is involved therein. Many have found a calling in area associated with movie production, even if they don’t care to be in front of the camera. How lucky they are to have this opportunity to find a craft that they enjoy. It’s rewarding to see that their diligence and work ethic are noticed and reported by their more experienced cast members. I just love good comments about these up-and-coming professionals from their contemporaries.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on June 06, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

That was very cool interview! _

Posted by EnricoDc on June 06, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Hedwig2_thumb

Jason Isaacs is a classy guy. I love this interview and how he praises the Trio for their work ethic and their friendship. Great article!

Posted by hedwig5221 [ROAR] on June 06, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

I have always thought that Jason Isaacs was such a nice guy!

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on June 06, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

That’s funny :) Sad, but true about the American child actors that grow up to be a bit nutso.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on June 06, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

Wonderful interview, Jason Issacs is brilliant, I love him! :) I loved all he had to say about the trio and its great how grounded they have stayed. I also love the trio :)

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on June 06, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

I love Jason. He’s so hilarious. xD

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on June 06, 2009, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

What an awesome thing to say about the Trio… they have indeed handled fame well and certainly better than some of their American counterparts… I think some of that has to do with their parents being grounded and not wanting to push their children into the spotlight so they can share some of the glory. I love Jason Isaacs. I’m glad he was chosen to play Lucius… perfection!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on June 06, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Poa105_thumb

lol! fall back on their mountains of cash! wish i could do that :(

Posted by Lucilla{ROAR!!} on June 06, 2009, 10:35 PM report to moderator

Directly above them, framed in the doorway from the Brain Room, stood Albus Dumbledore, his wand aloft, his face white and furious. Harry felt a kind of electric charge surge through every particle of his body -- [i]they were saved.[/i]