New Interview Online with Trio, David Yates fom MSN UK

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Edward
June 06, 2009, 04:15 PM

There is a new interview online from MSN UK in correlation with the Harry Potter Tour (see below) with Harry Potter actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron), and Emma Watson (Hermione), as well as Half-Blood Prince director David Yates.  This Q&A interview features a number of questions on a variety of subjects posed to the Trio and Mr. Yates.

In the Q&A with actor Dan Radcliffe, the young discusses his desires to work on projects outside Harry Potter, the feelings upon filming the final films ("[Harry Potter] does act as a safety net, in a way, when you're going off to make something else. Knowing that you don't have that will be sad. I'll be sad to leave the character behind and not see the friends I've made on a daily basis"), his love for indie rock, and his thoughts on the different sides of Harry the sixth film with show.  To this, he relates:

DAN RADCLIFFE: There's friction in this film it's much more to do with Ron and Hermione than it is to do with Harry. Harry is unhappy for a lot of this film, mainly because people keep trying to kill him. And his love life is awful, too. That's what Jo [JK Rowling] does so well: combining everyday, mundane problems with this incredible other world.
Miss Watson relates similar feelings in her interview, speaking of her experiences filming the Harry Potter series, the budding romance between characters Hermione and Ron, her win at the ITV Movie Awards, and the diary she keeps of "funny little things I said or thought."  She goes on to say of this:
EMMA WATSON: ...I also have memory boxes filled with things from the early films, including bits of the chess set. I have funny bits and pieces that they let us keep.
QUESTION: Might all of that be helpful for an autobiography one day?
EMMA WATSON: No, I couldn't see myself doing that. It's too strange and weird looking back on that little girl. I'm very self-critical so I find it hard to watch the early films again. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was a film I was proud of, but I had to watch it three or four times before I could calm myself down and stay focused on my performance.
Next, Rupert Grint talks of his nostalgia watching the early Potter films, the ending of Deathly Hallows ("I was quite happy with the ending"), and the new Quidditch scenes his character is featured in during the film.  Quoteage:
RUPERT GRINT: Yeah, I've never done Quidditch in the films before so this is my first Quidditch experience. Dan says it's really painful and I know where he's coming from because it's quite uncomfortable, with the harness and stuff, and you're getting slung about. There are two stages. One is the try-outs where Ron is not very good and keeps getting hit in the face. Another stage is where Ron takes the potion and thinks he is really, really good. It's quite tricky but I've really enjoyed it. I'm always on a wire because the broom is quite high up, about 18 feet.
Finally, director David Yates sits down to answer questions about his returning as director for the final films, the performances from the actors in the film, his decision to return for Deathly Hallows, and a 'through-line,' which Yates says "...goes right the way through to the end... We're just putting in all sorts of little details between the characters, which hopefully will resonate through the films."  Mr. Yates also goes on to describe the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film as:
It’s love, potions and rock ‘n’ roll. There are all these wonderful things in our story. There’s a potion that gives you perfect luck. You take it and everything goes right for you. But it does heighten your senses somewhat and you get quite breezy with it. Then there’s a love potion that makes you very tactile with everybody. Rupert gets overly tactile with Jim Broadbent at one point. So, it’s got all those metaphorical values. There are some really lovely comic beats here, which we didn’t really get a chance to do last time. It was just a very different beast.
Thanks to Order Partners RupertGrint.net and DanRadcliffe.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

Cooool!!! Emma is Good At Tennis!!!!!!!!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on June 07, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

What a nice interview! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 07, 2009, 06:14 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Great!!! It’s a very nice interview! I’m just exited! waiting for HBP!!! I know it will be an excellent movie!!! (like the others) =P

The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

love the interview…..i guess potions are drugs?? haha

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 07, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
Hp7main_thumb

Great interview. Haha, the table tennis stuff is funny, Hermione kicks the guys butts yet again. Rupert says he was fine with the kiss after 10 takes. I’ll bet.,;-)

Posted by 9and3qtrs[ROAR] on June 07, 2009, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I love table tennis :) I like how they don’t want to play Emma ever again. Lol. :D

Posted by Christine on June 07, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

This seems like a compilation of all the individual interviews they’ve done.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on June 07, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

“There’s a potion that gives you perfect luck. You take it and everything goes right for you. But it does heighten your senses somewhat and you get quite breezy with it. Then there’s a love potion that makes you very tactile with everybody. Rupert gets overly tactile with Jim Broadbent at one point.”

Hahahaha…I can’t wait to see Rupert being overly tactile! LOL :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 07, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Voyager_thumb

Hey! What happened with the much anticipated and waited snogging scene? I though we were going to have some comments (or even photos) by now. But there is not a single word about it.
Does anyone know something about this stuff?
Bye.

Posted by Agustin on June 07, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Poa105_thumb

It’s nice to hear from the trio! Great interview!

Posted by Lucilla{ROAR!!} on June 07, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator

Cool! Except, for some reason, I don’t like it when David Yates says, “It’s love, potions, and rock ‘n’ roll.” He makes it seem like some stoner movie.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 07, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

I liked Rupert’s part of the interview.

Posted by KimmyZ on June 07, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I love hearing about how quidditch is filmed.

Posted by Garden State Geek on June 07, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator

Very fun interviews.

Posted by badger666 on June 07, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Fun interview…

Posted by Won_Two on June 07, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator

"Which person," [McGonagall] said, her voice shaking, "which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"[br]There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville Longbottom, trembling from