Complete Track Listings for Harry and the Half-Blood Prince Soundtrack

HBP Film
June 05, 2009, 09:21 AM

Thanks to Amazon.com we now have the complete track listings to the score for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper. The soundtrack will be released on July 14, 2009 and is available for pre-order here. Due to spoilers, please scroll down to see the entire list.

SCROLL

SCROLL AGAIN

KEEP GOING

ONE LAST TIME

Tracking listing for the soundtrack to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince composed by Nicholas Hooper

1. Opening
28. The Weasley Stomp

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Don_t_speak_thumb

I can’t WAIT

Posted by srt2gryffndr on June 06, 2009, 03:13 AM report to moderator

28 tracks! YAY!
I hope they’re a decent length. I’ll be disappointed if I find that after reading 28 tracks, that they are only 1 1/2 mins long or something.

Posted by pipkin3 on June 06, 2009, 03:44 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

Well, they all sound pretty great, but I’m loveing “When Ginny Kissed Harry”. It sounds like “When Harry Met Sally”, which for some reason I find very hilarious.
And I could totally see all the Weasley’s in a production of Stomp. :) I wonder what that track is? Hmmm… Maybe it’s for the credits and they want to have fun music at the end?

Posted by Hermionegirl on June 06, 2009, 04:02 AM report to moderator

Interesting titles!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 06, 2009, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

Love the names of these tracks!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on June 06, 2009, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

*yoddathehobbit, I actually think Doyle’s soundtrack sounded like Beethoven compared to Hooper’s for OoP. I liked the fact that Doyle wrote complete pieces, not the scattershot themes Hooper composed, he wrote just enough to cover a scene. Loved the Hogwarts Hymn that ran with the credits for GoF, and his change of key in the graveyard scene when Harry’s parents appeared, among others. That said, I know I’ll buy this one anyway. :)

Posted by izziewitch on June 06, 2009, 05:04 AM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

It’s nice to see the titles are more like a true score, rather than naming incindental songs for each scene. So that tells me that (hopefully), the score will be more beautiful and meaningful this time around….. we’ll see! :)

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on June 06, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

When Ginny kissed Harry, that sounds so lovely =]

Posted by boona on June 06, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator

So aragog gets a proper goodbye after not being mentioned since the 2nd? But I love Nicholas Hooper, so I’m excited. ;)

Posted by Stephanie on June 06, 2009, 06:42 AM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

26. Dumbledore’s Farewell

hmmm….interesting…

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on June 06, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

very interesting titles. can’t wait to hear them!

Posted by starkitty313 on June 06, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

Wow, there are a lot of tracks for this film! Looking forward to the soundtrack! :)

Posted by VeganMudblood on June 06, 2009, 07:51 AM report to moderator
Imgp0834_thumb

Ginny kisses Harry? So there’s no after match snog in the common room in front of Dean and Ron??? Ohhhhhh wellllllllllllllllllllllllll

Posted by SilverMoose {!!!ROAR!!!} on June 06, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Harry3d_thumb

28 themes!! Normally, the movie soundtracks (not talking about HP, but the whole cinema industry) don’t include all the themes, only the main ones… Seems like this time we’re going to enjoy all the soundtrack for the first time!! I had never seen 28 themes in a Sountrack!! (I’m wandering if Mr. Hooper has improoved his music level…)

Posted by minitontis on June 06, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Interesting. Like everyone else I too am most intrigued by “The Weasley Stomp” and what scene this track is for. Clearly its for the end of the film as tracks on a score are almost always listed by the order which they appear in the film and it must be for a scene that wasn’t in the book so maybe its for some sort of scene that will help set up for the wedding in DH assuming they keep it as Bill and Fleur’s wedding or just the intro of Bill. I don’t know, its just too hard to guess. Ugh I wish we could just see the movie already! I was not a fan of Nicholas Hooper’s work on OOTP so I hope there are at least tracks longer than 1 minute this time around and some recognizable version of Hedwig’s Theme is in there somewhere. I desperately miss John Williams. His work was fantastic. There is a reason why his scores for HP received so much praise. God I really wish that they would just bring him back for DH especially with it being the last two films. It would be an appropriate end to the series to hear one of his older HP tracks play at the end of DH part 2.

Posted by bella vita on June 06, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator

He pressed his badge into his chest, and the message upon it vanished, to be replaced by another one, which glowed green: [i]POTTER STINKS[/i][br]The Slytherins howled with laughter. Each of them pressed their badges too, until the message [i]POTTER STINK