High Res Poster for Bloomsbury Relaunch of "Fantastic Beasts" and "Quidditch Through the Ages" by J.K. Rowling

Books
June 04, 2009, 04:09 PM

Previously we told you Bloomsbury was re-releasing Harry Schoolbooks, aka "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," and "Quidditch Through the Ages" written by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling in support of the Comic Relief Charity. That relaunch is due to take place next month now on July 6th, complete with new cover art for the books which we showed you last month. Bloomsbury has now issued a new poster for the books, low res download here (PDF), high res download here (PDF). Pre-orders from the UK are available here via our Cauldron Shop.

Be sure to check out a transcript of the interview JKR gave in 2001 for the original release of the books (pdf here) where she noted:
Q. Did the books take you a long time to write?
J.K. Not a very long time: I wrote them right after I’d finished Book 4, so compared to Book 4, which
as you probably know is a very, very long book, they didn’t take long at all.
Q. One of them has extra stuff written in it by Harry. What’s all that about?
J.K. That’s Harry and Ron graffiti-ing the book, as you do to your schoolbooks. You do doodle on
them, I always wrote all over mine. Teachers reading this will not be happy that I’m saying it but you
do, don’t you? So they’ve just scribbled things on them and said rude things in them, the name of
their favourite Quidditch team and stuff in the book.
Q. Can you tell me where and when Quidditch was invented?
J.K. Quidditch started in the 11th century, at a place called Queerditch Marsh which you probably
won’t find marked on maps. But obviously that’s because wizards have made the place unplottable
(which means you can’t plot them on the map). Originally it was quite a crude game played on
broomsticks, and over the subsequent two centuries they added more balls until it became the game
we know now.
Q. Is Quidditch just as popular as it is in England all around the world?
J.K. It’s popular nearly everywhere, but not so much in the Far East as they prefer the flying carpet to
the broomstick, so it’s a real minority sport over there. But in most other places it’s fairly popular.
Q. How many beasts are there in Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them?
J.K. There are 75 but that’s not including the 10 different species of dragon. So that would be 84 if
you counted them.

As stated on the website, sales of Fantastic Beasts "will go to Comic Relief, which means that the Pounds and Galleons you exchange for it will do magic beyond the powers of any wizard. If you feel that this is insufficient reason to part with your money, I can only hope that passing wizards feel more charitable if they ever see you being attacked by a Manticore. Albus Dumbledore.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

1980 Points

asowme!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 04, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

wow 1rst comment

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 04, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

i can’t wait untill these books come out again.
I didn’t get the qudditch one first time sooo i want it now!!!

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on June 04, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Well, I’m not such a fan of the new cover art, but hopefully re-releasing these books will get more people to buy them, as there are loads of new fans by now. I love both of these books; they’re just as wonderful and entertaining as Jo’s novels. :)

Posted by RavenclawDancer on June 04, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

I have both in English and Norwegian, but I need to get these too! :D

Posted by Kissa on June 04, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i like the new cover art. i’ll make sure to get these :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 04, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator

I love the new cover art.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 04, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

I like the Beasts escaping from the Hogwarts Crest!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on June 04, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

very cool

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on June 04, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

AWESOME!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 04, 2009, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The new cover art is absolutely gorgeous! I wish this were available in the United States!

Posted by Kirk on June 05, 2009, 12:06 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Omg Sue! Lol the Slytherin came out again. I’ll get those books as soon as i get money. I’m broke atm. I really want to read them. Though i’m not sure which editions to choose. The old or the new ones…

Posted by Mr. Brightside on June 05, 2009, 04:34 AM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

i should ask for these for my birthday!!:)

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on June 05, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 05, 2009, 05:18 AM report to moderator
3fdba4c430a3cbe8_thumb

I wish it would be available where I live.

Posted by koppyrd on June 05, 2009, 07:27 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

But the news that he was playing Seeker had leaked out somehow, and Harry didn't know which was worse -- people telling him he'd be brilliant or people telling him they'd be running around underneath him holding a mattress.