Deathly Hallows Filming Updates: Ron and Hermione and the Long Awaited Snogging, Plus Tom Felton Returns to Film as Draco

DH Film
June 04, 2009, 04:42 PM

Hi-Ho it's a snoggin' we will go for Ron and Hermione, or so says a report in the London Paper. A new article online says that at a dinner party at Harvey Nicholas last night (photos here and more here) Emma Watson reportedly stated the long awaited kissing scene between her character of Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (played by Rupert Grint) for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was to be filmed today. Quotage:  “I’m doing it tomorrow! There has been such a build-up and interest in this hyped kiss that it has to be the best on-screen kiss ever, so I’m determined to make it memorable! There’ll be fireworks, ­music, everything!” Watson, who’s filming the final Harry ­Potter film, admitted: “We haven’t filmed the last scenes yet but I think it’s going to be very emotional when we do. But all of us are ready for something new.”

Also, for the nearly 37,000 of us who follow actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) via his official Twitter, you will have noticed a series of tweets he made today, noting he traveled to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today for the "first costume fitting for this film! and hair and make up test! and publicity shoots!" He gave updates through the day "noting costume fitting done! loving being back :) walking to publicity now to film some pieces," then later "finished with publicity! now over to hair and makeup, lets hope Malfoys hair isn't going to drastically change this year! I've become quite attached with it...shouldn't really admit that should I"

Thanks to Tom Felton, and to Bruce for the heads up on the kiss!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

The long awaited snogging! Yay!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 06, 2009, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

So, since today in England is almost over (well, not really, but it is what 9:30PM over there?) I’m guessing they filmed the kiss already. I would love to get a report on how it went. I don’t know if I want to see pictures. I kind of want to wait til the movie. Rupert and Emma have talked about this for so long, their nerves, and everything. I want to know how they felt. Was it like it kissing a sibling? ;) Oh, I just can’t believe they’re filming it already.

Posted by blue4t on June 06, 2009, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

ABOUT TIME!!!

LOL!!!

RON/HR SHIPPER ALL THE WAY!!!!

CAN’T WAITSOOOOO EXCITED!!!

THAT’S WHY I’M SPEAKING IN CAPS!! LOL!!!!! ;D

Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

This is unbelievable, that they are actually filming (or by now filmed) the kiss already! :( I remember the day when the book came out! Man this is so weird!!! :( I don’t want to see this franchise end!!!!

:’(

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on June 06, 2009, 06:33 AM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

I’m so excited for this scene! Don’t know how they’ll bring it about as SPEW was dropped, but as long as it makes sense for the characters I’ll be happy.

Posted by starkitty313 on June 06, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Bartyc_thumb

this movie is going to be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ghostflyer on June 06, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

kiss kiss kiss kiss!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on June 06, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Perry-the-platypus-perry-the-platypus-4267460-120-115-1_thumb

Ooh, exciting! I love Tom’s tweets, haha! He says skipping is “liberating” so he’s pretty much my new BFF! :D <3

Vivien-leigh_thumb

This is fantastic. I can’t wait to see it.

Posted by Katarina on June 06, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

If these two don’t win best kiss in any award, I WILL BLOW UP.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 06, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Tree_b_w_thumb

…I can’t believe it’s almost over. I’m REALLY REALLY looking forward to that kiss, though. One of the best bits of the whole series! :) (Also, I love Tom’s tweets. Anyone who poses with fans and skips in public is totally made of awesome. :D)

Posted by Jennifer :) on June 06, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Me___snake_thumb

kiss with ron
ahahaha…
ya i like Malfoy’s hair too~~~blonde!!
^_^V peace

Posted by shann89 on June 06, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

AHHHH I WANT EMMA’S CLOTHES THEY’RE SO CUTE!!! :( Yay I love Tom Felton, his music’s awesome. :)

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on June 06, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

If these two don’t win best kiss in any award, I WILL BLOW UP.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 07, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter80_thumb

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! I completely agree..I just want this to be so perfect, and i know Emma & Rupert can make it so..:} Haha yeah, me too..So gonna rewind and pause, rewind and pause, millions of times! xo

Posted by ♥ Orchid Diddilipoof ♥ on June 07, 2009, 06:22 AM report to moderator

Harry had seen Professor McGonagall angry on several occasions, but either he had forgotten just how thin her mouth could go, or he had never seen her this angry before.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014