Deathly Hallows Filming Updates: Ron and Hermione and the Long Awaited Snogging, Plus Tom Felton Returns to Film as Draco

DH Film
June 04, 2009, 04:42 PM

Hi-Ho it's a snoggin' we will go for Ron and Hermione, or so says a report in the London Paper. A new article online says that at a dinner party at Harvey Nicholas last night (photos here and more here) Emma Watson reportedly stated the long awaited kissing scene between her character of Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (played by Rupert Grint) for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was to be filmed today. Quotage:  “I’m doing it tomorrow! There has been such a build-up and interest in this hyped kiss that it has to be the best on-screen kiss ever, so I’m determined to make it memorable! There’ll be fireworks, ­music, everything!” Watson, who’s filming the final Harry ­Potter film, admitted: “We haven’t filmed the last scenes yet but I think it’s going to be very emotional when we do. But all of us are ready for something new.”

Also, for the nearly 37,000 of us who follow actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) via his official Twitter, you will have noticed a series of tweets he made today, noting he traveled to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today for the "first costume fitting for this film! and hair and make up test! and publicity shoots!" He gave updates through the day "noting costume fitting done! loving being back :) walking to publicity now to film some pieces," then later "finished with publicity! now over to hair and makeup, lets hope Malfoys hair isn't going to drastically change this year! I've become quite attached with it...shouldn't really admit that should I"

Thanks to Tom Felton, and to Bruce for the heads up on the kiss!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

its just pictures of emma watson?? some how i thought it was going to be pictures of her and ron kissing…

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 05, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator

this makes me a bit sad, it being seven and all. emma looks beautiful.

Posted by Leeann on June 05, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

PLEASE let the kiss be close to the book! I was freaking out earlier today when I read this. Like … wow. I was thinking “they’re filming RIGHT now….”

Posted by Christine on June 05, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I can WAIT for this movie to come out!!! And the kiss should be really good.I did always think Harry and Hermione would be good together ,being that there on the same page about more stuff then Ron and Hermione are but in the end i think the right choich was made with all the couple that got together.
And call me crazy I’m looking forward to seeing Draco again. : )

Posted by LunaLuver on June 05, 2009, 08:24 AM report to moderator

OMG I love Emma’s description of the kiss and how she says she’ll do her best!!!!!!!!! Lucky girl snogging Rupert…

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 05, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Poa105_thumb

The KISS! My GOSH, the KISS!!

Posted by Lucilla{ROAR!!} on June 05, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 05, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator

oh that is cool emma and rubert snogging ahhhhhhh i got to see those pictures

Posted by 100000 on June 05, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator

Wow, I have definitely been waiting so long for this! Actually, according to the books, Hermione is the first one to snog anyone (viktor( but here Emma is the last). Another kiss I am waiting for is Harry and Ginny’s. Boy, I can’t wait!

Posted by Sanju on June 05, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Jumping for joy! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe they are filming it!!!!!!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on June 05, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Voyager_thumb

¡¡¡ I HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THAT KISS !!! I hope WB releases a couple of pictures for promotioning the movie. That scene must be perfect (some snogging and a sweet moment as a climax)
And I know someday at the cinema everyone (including me) will freak out in that snogging scene.
That will be a moment to remember.
Can’t wait until that (such a shame that that will be in a couple of years from now…)

Posted by Agustin on June 05, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

lol Tom, it’s okay to be attached to Draco’s hair. Just as long as you keep the flowing look from 3rd movie onwards, that makes you look less dorky and more…hot looking. ^^

Posted by Bellamount on June 05, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

DOES ANYONE ELSE LOVE THE LIVE LEAKYCON ALBUM PICTURE??? Its enhanced…….just a bit

Posted by Chad on June 05, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Blue-moon_thumb

The day has come! Very good news!
Thank you Emma for sharing this info with us fans.
alas we must wait for another 2 years to see it in action.

Posted by shellscotie on June 05, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I am starting to imagine the scene. I Think Serious girl has a good idea!

Posted by budgie on June 05, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator

"The Heir of Slytherin," said Professor McGonagall, who was very white, "left another message. Right underneath the first one. [i]'Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever.'"[/i]