Deathly Hallows Filming Updates: Ron and Hermione and the Long Awaited Snogging, Plus Tom Felton Returns to Film as Draco

DH Film
June 04, 2009, 04:42 PM

Hi-Ho it's a snoggin' we will go for Ron and Hermione, or so says a report in the London Paper. A new article online says that at a dinner party at Harvey Nicholas last night (photos here and more here) Emma Watson reportedly stated the long awaited kissing scene between her character of Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (played by Rupert Grint) for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was to be filmed today. Quotage:  “I’m doing it tomorrow! There has been such a build-up and interest in this hyped kiss that it has to be the best on-screen kiss ever, so I’m determined to make it memorable! There’ll be fireworks, ­music, everything!” Watson, who’s filming the final Harry ­Potter film, admitted: “We haven’t filmed the last scenes yet but I think it’s going to be very emotional when we do. But all of us are ready for something new.”

Also, for the nearly 37,000 of us who follow actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) via his official Twitter, you will have noticed a series of tweets he made today, noting he traveled to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today for the "first costume fitting for this film! and hair and make up test! and publicity shoots!" He gave updates through the day "noting costume fitting done! loving being back :) walking to publicity now to film some pieces," then later "finished with publicity! now over to hair and makeup, lets hope Malfoys hair isn't going to drastically change this year! I've become quite attached with it...shouldn't really admit that should I"

Thanks to Tom Felton, and to Bruce for the heads up on the kiss!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Img_7524_thumb

Yaaaaaaaaay, I’m so excited!! :)

Posted by RavenclawDancer on June 05, 2009, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

i can’t wait for the film. Tom felton always does a good job as draco.

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 05, 2009, 05:45 AM report to moderator

Yeah, I cheered so loud when I read Hermione go for it in DH. Good thing I was home alone it was like 4:30 in the morning and I was whooping it up :)

I hope Tom Tweets a photo of his hair!!!

Posted by mlc on June 05, 2009, 05:48 AM report to moderator
Hr_hbp_thumb

I’m excited as well for THE KISS. It’s so great to hear Emma echoing that enthusiasm. :) Rupert’s probably dreading it and Dan, ready to make both their lives a living hell. ;)

KB Prez – Sue didn’t make that comment about being attached to Draco’s hair. Tom Felton Twittered (http://twitter.com/TomFelton) about it earlier today.

Posted by RHrSoulmates on June 05, 2009, 05:51 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@RHrSoulmates, oops! I see that now. Sorry Sue!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 05, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

WOW!! I can’t believe they’re filming it already. lol. I bet they were so nervous. I wonder if that’s going to make things uncomfortable between Rupert and Emma. lol. But I agree with Emma…that kiss better be AMAZING! We’ve been waiting too long. I wonder if they’re filming the battle stuff now since Tom is back and they filmed the kiss. Alot of the adult actors were supposed to start in the Summer, so it would make sense.

Posted by cghambright on June 05, 2009, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Posted by cghambright on June 05, 2009, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoaaa, so exciting!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 05, 2009, 06:07 AM report to moderator

This is exciting!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 05, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-20070416023332981_thumb

LOL the way they are describing the kiss, with the “music and fireworks” makes me visualize a scene like the Elizabeth/Will kissing scene in Pirates of the Carribean: At World’s End, where they were kissing in slo mo amongst the chaos of explosions and fighting with the dramatic music. I could just see ron and hermione finding each other during the hogwarts battle, and just start kissing amongst spells and curses exploding overhead in slow motion, with the dramatic music going. I’d love to see that!

Posted by SiriusGirl19 [ROAR] on June 05, 2009, 06:25 AM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

OMG AHHH!!!! I’m gonna cry and squee and scream when we see pictures!!! AHAHAHFKJSEFJLSDJFKLJSDFJLKSJ!!!!!! :D

Posted by Jesicurz93 on June 05, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Neaqtw_th_thumb

Finally!!!!! I can’t wait to see this!

Posted by GryffindorGarstang on June 05, 2009, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Caaan’t wait to watch the R/Hr scene.

I’m blates gonna cry for the whole of the last three films!! Haha.

Posted by Linnyish on June 05, 2009, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

OH MY DEAR EMMA! oh oh oh. yes yes yes. I want to scream,but my sister is sleeping,lol. I am so goona cry!!! Oh and thank you Emma for saying it has to be the best kiss and memorable! because thats what we want..and now I’ so happy about it!!! OMG!!! I need pics!!! OMG!!!

Posted by Matea on June 05, 2009, 07:08 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

AHHH, turns out the Leaky poll was wrong RON HERMIONE KISSING IS FINALLY HAPPENING!! WOO! and breathe, phew caps lock Ciara never usually comes out except for moments like these

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 05, 2009, 07:12 AM report to moderator

"I think," said Harry hurriedly, at a meaningful look from Nick, "Nick's very -- frightening and -- er --"[br]"Ha!" yelled Sir Patrick's head. "Bet he asked you to say that!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014