Rupert Grint on Kissing Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows, the Murder of Rob Knox, Mrs. Obama Visit, More

Grint
June 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

As a follow to the article below, the Daily Mail has a brand new profile online featuring Rupert Grint (plus these fantastic new photos), where he discusses filming for Deathly Hallows the long awaited kiss between his character of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rupert says of filming the scene with his longtime co-star Emma Watson:

The hardest things for me are intimate scenes. Last week I filmed the long-awaited kissing scene with Emma Watson for Half-Blood Prince. Kissing her was always going to be strange. We’ve known each other for ten years so it was a bit like kissing my sister. We were both determined to get it right the first time, but our first try was a disaster because we both felt so self-conscious we couldn’t stop laughing. It took five takes in all.

In this very lengthy article, Rupert also goes on to speak about the late Rob Knox, the young man who was so tragically murdered shortly after filming his role in Half-Blood Prince. Rupert says: ‘Rob didn’t have a big role in the film but I got to know him well,’ says Grint. ‘Everyone on the set liked him. He was a funny lad, a proper character. Going to his funeral... that was a sad day. Rob was the first young person I knew who’d died. The enormity of his death hasn’t really sunk in for me yet. But I’ve learnt something from it in terms of counting my blessings, realising how lucky I am and the importance of making the right decisions for the future.’

Rupert also speaks about a recent event that made headlines world wide when Michelle Obama, the wife of the President of the United States Barack Obama, paid a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rupert recalls the visit: " 'I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect. ‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.' "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Very awesome, Rupert!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on June 29, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Rupert is smart – he messed up on purpose.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 29, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

I want to be surprised when the movie comes out. I hope they won’t show the kiss in the trailers. It will be more exciting!

Posted by sakuranbo07 on June 29, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Rupert is the BEST!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on June 29, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Repert is so cool!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on June 29, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I think anybody will be star struck if they saw someone close to the most powerful man in the USA, the world even.. much more saying they love what you are doing ang meeting you is a lot more cooler and exciting than meeting the Queen..

Posted by alegria35 on June 29, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

phoenixes are in ravenclaw, you are exactly right. I cannot wait to see the R/Hr kiss but I want to see no sign of it in any of the trailers. That is what WB have to keep secret. They’ll prob release one that looks like it could be the kiss but in fact isn’t. Like say in a trailer they almost kiss in Grimmauld or something, then in the movie Kreacher walks in and wrecks it.
The kiss better be amazing though, if it doesn’t bring tears to my eyes and make me Squee in happiness then they failed. I want it to give me the same emotional reaction as when I seen Wall-E for the 1st time when he flies with Eve through space. I want to feel like that when I see that kiss
Plus how awesome was this interview!! Because of it my wallpaper is now Rupert Grint. And I’m hardly a screaming fangirl

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 30, 2009, 12:43 AM report to moderator
Yr

He means deathly hallows right? not “the long awaited kissind scene from halp blood prince” ?

Posted by kath on June 30, 2009, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

Wonderful Pictures!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on June 30, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I love Rupert. He’s so adorable :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on June 30, 2009, 07:18 AM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

I will not watch any trailers or so if the kiss is in there. They must keep it til the movie comes out. We’ll wait and see.

Posted by hermione97 on June 30, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I did not know that Barack Obama was such a fan of Harry Potter! My admiration of him, which I thought already had hit the ceiling, has only surged higher.

That said, I do hope that the kissing scene lives up to my expectations!

Posted by Kirk on July 01, 2009, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

i liked that interview!!!! i <3 rupert!!! they shouldnt show the kiss……. yes they should…………no! i duunno!!!!!!!!

Neville_god_pic_thumb

the kiss was well awaited. bring on romione

Posted by Tanderule on November 28, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator

Smiling and waving at him from every page were his mother and father.[br] "Sent owls off ter all yer parents' old school friends, askin' fer photos... knew yeh didn' have any... d'yeh like it?"[br] Harry couldn't speak, but Hagrid understood.