Rupert Grint on Kissing Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows, the Murder of Rob Knox, Mrs. Obama Visit, More

Grint
June 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

As a follow to the article below, the Daily Mail has a brand new profile online featuring Rupert Grint (plus these fantastic new photos), where he discusses filming for Deathly Hallows the long awaited kiss between his character of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rupert says of filming the scene with his longtime co-star Emma Watson:

The hardest things for me are intimate scenes. Last week I filmed the long-awaited kissing scene with Emma Watson for Half-Blood Prince. Kissing her was always going to be strange. We’ve known each other for ten years so it was a bit like kissing my sister. We were both determined to get it right the first time, but our first try was a disaster because we both felt so self-conscious we couldn’t stop laughing. It took five takes in all.

In this very lengthy article, Rupert also goes on to speak about the late Rob Knox, the young man who was so tragically murdered shortly after filming his role in Half-Blood Prince. Rupert says: ‘Rob didn’t have a big role in the film but I got to know him well,’ says Grint. ‘Everyone on the set liked him. He was a funny lad, a proper character. Going to his funeral... that was a sad day. Rob was the first young person I knew who’d died. The enormity of his death hasn’t really sunk in for me yet. But I’ve learnt something from it in terms of counting my blessings, realising how lucky I am and the importance of making the right decisions for the future.’

Rupert also speaks about a recent event that made headlines world wide when Michelle Obama, the wife of the President of the United States Barack Obama, paid a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rupert recalls the visit: " 'I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect. ‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.' "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

67_richardoud_thumb

Aww, he’s too cute! I love that he was star-struck by Michelle.

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on June 29, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I hope it doesnt look like he feels like hes kissing his sister lol

Posted by KC Nox on June 29, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Img_7836_thumb

Ooo Im so excited.
:D

Posted by kira902k on June 29, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator
268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

He is so cute!! Oh!! I can’t wait to see that kiss!!!

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on June 29, 2009, 01:17 AM report to moderator

i love michelle obama.

Posted by john-robert. on June 29, 2009, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Green_day_is_awsome_thumb

I love rupert! I will b soooooooooooooooo jealous i wanted to kiss him :(

Posted by quidditchlover[ROOAAARR] on June 29, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Well danaskeeter – thank god most Americans aren’t of the same opinion of you, as President Obama was elected by a pretty overwhelming margin. I’ll leave it at that.

Posted by sueml on June 29, 2009, 03:45 AM report to moderator

he looks so good in the pictures included in the article! yum <3

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on June 29, 2009, 04:32 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

ooo rupert!!!!!!! :) “its like kissing my sister”
“it took 5 takes”

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 29, 2009, 06:02 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I love hearing from Rupert :)

Posted by Linnyish on June 29, 2009, 06:11 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I’m so jazzed for the kiss. It’s going to make me laugh.

Posted by LunaTrix666 on June 29, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator
Output_thumb

i feel bad for them both…
i mean, if just this one scene was so awkward, then imagine whaat it’ll be like for them in DH!!

as for the part about michelle… wow, this must be the “FIRST first family” that is a harry potter fan! and that is awesome!! :)

Posted by ☮ℵαяgℓε§_ℰx¡§τ☮ on June 29, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I agree with Sarah! Those pictures are yuck. I love Rupert, though.

Gryffindor-cat-is-not-amused_thumb

I love the last part of the interview. And Michelle Obama making him speechless! Amazing. Wish I could have seen that!

Posted by stuckinanhpmoment on June 29, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor-cat-is-not-amused_thumb

oh and that kiss is so long-awaited, it BETTER be kept in its sacred, true format and a surprise for the audiences until we see it in the movie!! Can’t wait!!!

Posted by stuckinanhpmoment on June 29, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator

"You see, I think, how foolish it was to suppose that this boy could ever have been stronger than me," said Voldemort. "But I want there to be no mistake in anybody's mind. Harry Potter escaped me by a lucky chance."