Rupert Grint on Kissing Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows, the Murder of Rob Knox, Mrs. Obama Visit, More

Grint
June 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

As a follow to the article below, the Daily Mail has a brand new profile online featuring Rupert Grint (plus these fantastic new photos), where he discusses filming for Deathly Hallows the long awaited kiss between his character of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rupert says of filming the scene with his longtime co-star Emma Watson:

The hardest things for me are intimate scenes. Last week I filmed the long-awaited kissing scene with Emma Watson for Half-Blood Prince. Kissing her was always going to be strange. We’ve known each other for ten years so it was a bit like kissing my sister. We were both determined to get it right the first time, but our first try was a disaster because we both felt so self-conscious we couldn’t stop laughing. It took five takes in all.

In this very lengthy article, Rupert also goes on to speak about the late Rob Knox, the young man who was so tragically murdered shortly after filming his role in Half-Blood Prince. Rupert says: ‘Rob didn’t have a big role in the film but I got to know him well,’ says Grint. ‘Everyone on the set liked him. He was a funny lad, a proper character. Going to his funeral... that was a sad day. Rob was the first young person I knew who’d died. The enormity of his death hasn’t really sunk in for me yet. But I’ve learnt something from it in terms of counting my blessings, realising how lucky I am and the importance of making the right decisions for the future.’

Rupert also speaks about a recent event that made headlines world wide when Michelle Obama, the wife of the President of the United States Barack Obama, paid a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rupert recalls the visit: " 'I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect. ‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.' "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Dobbyyoda_thumb

Nice interview.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on June 28, 2009, 05:47 AM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

SOOOOOOOOOOOO SEXYYY oILOVEE RUPERTT MAUAJAJA
GREAT PHOTOOSHOOT :)

Posted by potterrock on June 28, 2009, 06:19 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

haha, is it just me or does his face look the same in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO :P

Posted by nnnataliebaba on June 28, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

The kiss should be interesting :)

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on June 28, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
10006850_gal2_thumb

The photos are wayyyy HOT! I cant wait for the roles he will have after HP!

Posted by francaise3 on June 28, 2009, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

lolololol i can’t wait to see this scene.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on June 28, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator
4267095729a8640148318l_thumb

Rupert is such a Sweetie :). I have to say Im dying for their kiss. Ahhh so much waiting. The book will always be the better representation of their relationship but this kiss will look phenonamal on screen. Well it better anyway :D.

Posted by HermioneMoreThanJustBrains~ROAR~ on June 28, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I sure hope it was worth the wait!

Posted by Won_Two on June 28, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Squee_thumb

They ate cake. ROFL!

Posted by Kismatt on June 28, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

lol @ Rupert getting a CD of ice cream van chimes!

I also have to admit that I’m looking forward to this scene!

Posted by Emily Erland on June 28, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Funny!! They laughed… It would be funny!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 28, 2009, 10:15 AM report to moderator

I’m glad he enjoyed is visit with Mrs. Obama. Rupert has always done a really good job playing Ron in the films, and I can’t wait to see how great he does!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on June 28, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
373_thumb

awww i love him he seems like such a nice guy!

Posted by mystifiedbymuggles on June 28, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Oh Rupert, I adore you! This was such a great article, and I’ve gotta say, Rupert’s one of the funniest actors out there nowadays IMO. :) Ice cream van indeed!

Posted by Kissa on June 28, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

well worth the read

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 28, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator

"That's three Galleons, nine Sickles and a Knut," said Fred, examining the many boxes in Ron's arms. "Cough up."[br]"I'm your brother!"[br]"And that's our stuff you're nicking. Three Galleons, nine Sickles. I'll knock off the Knut."