Rupert Grint on Kissing Emma Watson for Deathly Hallows, the Murder of Rob Knox, Mrs. Obama Visit, More

Grint
June 28, 2009, 12:24 AM

As a follow to the article below, the Daily Mail has a brand new profile online featuring Rupert Grint (plus these fantastic new photos), where he discusses filming for Deathly Hallows the long awaited kiss between his character of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Rupert says of filming the scene with his longtime co-star Emma Watson:

The hardest things for me are intimate scenes. Last week I filmed the long-awaited kissing scene with Emma Watson for Half-Blood Prince. Kissing her was always going to be strange. We’ve known each other for ten years so it was a bit like kissing my sister. We were both determined to get it right the first time, but our first try was a disaster because we both felt so self-conscious we couldn’t stop laughing. It took five takes in all.

In this very lengthy article, Rupert also goes on to speak about the late Rob Knox, the young man who was so tragically murdered shortly after filming his role in Half-Blood Prince. Rupert says: ‘Rob didn’t have a big role in the film but I got to know him well,’ says Grint. ‘Everyone on the set liked him. He was a funny lad, a proper character. Going to his funeral... that was a sad day. Rob was the first young person I knew who’d died. The enormity of his death hasn’t really sunk in for me yet. But I’ve learnt something from it in terms of counting my blessings, realising how lucky I am and the importance of making the right decisions for the future.’

Rupert also speaks about a recent event that made headlines world wide when Michelle Obama, the wife of the President of the United States Barack Obama, paid a visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rupert recalls the visit: " 'I’m not easily impressed by famous people, but nothing’s matched this,’ he says. ‘I didn’t think I was going to be nervous, then this huge motorcade pulled up at the studio and Michelle stepped out of a black Range Rover and everybody was speechless. It’s hard to imagine Gordon Brown having that kind of effect. ‘We sat around, ate cake and chatted. She said that the President is a big fan of the films and loves the books, and that she’d met the Queen the day before – but visiting the Potter set was far more exciting, that we were a lot cooler. It was hard to take it all in. I kept thinking, “Here I am talking to the First Lady.' "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Hp___dh_40_thumb

i think the on-screen kiss is definetly going to be epic. i cant wait : )

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on June 28, 2009, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_kxe7q5axta1qafo36o1_500_thumb

i figured he’d say that kissing her is kind of like kissing his sister. still funny though.

Posted by sweeneygreen on June 28, 2009, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Ph191_thumb

The kiss for Half Blood Prince? I think you meant Deathly Hallows.. :|

Posted by PotterYay on June 28, 2009, 12:48 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

MAD about Rupert. He’s a WONDERFUL actor. The pictures with the article are not to be missed – they are VERY HOT!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 28, 2009, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

It’s nice to hear that Rupert and Emma both “enjoyed” filming the kissing scene. lo. they both sound like it’s a bad memory the won’t to forget. But it’s very impressive they filmed it so quickly. Dan said it took like 27 takes to get the kiss with Katie Leung. Rupert and Emma must’ve had their acting game on.

Posted by cghambright on June 28, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

LoL love this article!!

Posted by The Nerd on June 28, 2009, 01:04 AM report to moderator
The_claw_normal_thumb

How big is it that a British citizen finds meeting the American First Lady more exciting that the British Prime Minister?

Posted by OrlandoDaddy [WBM] on June 28, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

well that is awesomee (: I can’t wait to see him..I mean the movie cough ;D

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on June 28, 2009, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

i really love him. ice cream van chimes…hehe

Posted by boona on June 28, 2009, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

ahhh, i can’t stop smiling XD i need to see this scene- i need to see DH!

Posted by Brianna on June 28, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I cannot wait to see that kiss !

I can’t wait to see it! …not a big fan of those pictures though. They make him look kinda sleazy…

Posted by Sarah on June 28, 2009, 02:06 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I think the fact that they only did 6 takes is a good sign that rupes and emma knew what they were doing! I hope it was super powerful! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 28, 2009, 02:08 AM report to moderator
295565_thumb

he is so cute
and Rupert you will have a career ,do not worry about that.

Posted by soso on June 28, 2009, 03:17 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

The kiss is one of the things they HAVE to keep quiet and not put on the internet until the movie comes out. Not even in the trailers. NO! If it is in the trailers, I WILL NOT WATCH THEM!!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on June 28, 2009, 03:21 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a