Rumor Alert: Castle Set in Surrey to be used for Location Filming of Battle of Hogwarts This Fall?

DH Film
June 28, 2009, 03:55 PM

Rumor Alert! There is a new report online today regarding a set built near Farham in Surrey, England for use in the new Robin Hood film that includes a castle. This report, complete with photos, says that after the crews finish production on RH, it will then be used for filming of Harry Potter 7. You can also see video of the facade of a castle which could very conceivably be useful as a set for the dramatic events of the battle of Hogwarts Castle at the end of the film. As exciting and frankly cool as this all sounds, this is very much unconfirmed so please keep this in the rumor category for now.

Thanks Matt and Heyguys.co.uk!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

very cool, but I agree it doesn’t look very Potterish… more RH-ish. But am sure they will work their digital magic and transform it into the perfect castle.

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on June 29, 2009, 07:52 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on June 29, 2009, 07:53 AM report to moderator

wooo i live in surrey thank god sumthin maybe happening nearish me lol

Posted by granger_malfoy on June 29, 2009, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Excellent!!! mmm… yes! keep that as a rumor!

Ravenclaw_thumb

hopefully they’ll use it for a grindelwald scene & not the battle…

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on June 29, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yeah it doesn’t really look like Hogwarts. But if they do use it, at least they’re making an effort :)

Posted by Christine on June 29, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I doubt this is true. Isn’t Robin Hood a Universal Picture? Do film companies often share sets? Something tells me Stewart Craig would want to be in charge of building every set piece.

Posted by mollywobble on June 29, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator
100_166_thumb

Awesome, that’s not very far from me “gets out stalker kit”

Posted by Bockers [WBM] on June 29, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator

These photos are not from the Harry Potter movie, they are from Russell Crowe’s Robin Hood. I have been following that production as well.

Posted by Valverde on June 29, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
_40967000_krum_1__thumb

i was walking my dog over swinley forest today in bracknell – I saw warner brother sets “forest” scenes…the security guard said they have now finished filming there. he wouldn’t confirm the film but when i asked if it was HP he winked and smiled and said “all I can say it is a film that there has been quite a few of….” I’m hoping it might be the voldemort/harry scenes

Posted by karriep on June 29, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
_40967000_krum_1__thumb

you might want to follow this link, it deffo was HP filming at Swinley forest….

Posted by karriep on June 29, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Battle of Hogwarts locations already…I’m speechless…

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on June 29, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

Sounds cool, can’t wait to see!

Posted by Lloyd on June 29, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator

They could possible use it in one of the scenes where the giants smash down the walls.

Posted by bookmonster79 on June 29, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

The castle doesn’t look like Hogwarts; but I think they can fix it. They know what they are doing.

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on June 29, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I don't reckon [Percy would] come home if Dad didn't make him. He's obsessed. Just don't get him onto the subject of his boss. [i]According to Mr. Crouch... as I was saying to Mr. Crouch... Mr. Crouch is of the opinion... Mr. Crouch was telling me...[/i]