Emma Watson As Hermione in Deathly Hallows: Six Takes to Snog Ron Weasley

Watson Interviews
June 27, 2009, 08:23 PM

Attention Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger Shippers: We have news on THE KISS, the filming on the long awaiting snog between the two characters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In a new and lengthy profile with the Times, Emma discusses this long awaited moment and confirms again the scene has been filmed.

“The Kiss,” says Watson, looking sardonic. “I expect I’ll have to talk a lot about The Kiss. We did it two weeks ago. Four takes one way, and two takes with the camera in the other direction. Six takes altogether.”

The conversation also includes some thoughts from the actress on director David Yates, who she credits helping her fine tune the character of Hermione. Quotage: "Watson’s director for the final three films is David Yates, whom she says brought more shade and subtlety to Hermione. “David taught me that the only thing that matters is the truth. His version is the truest, purest form of Hermione, the most real.” Watson says she is more emotionally mature than Hermione, and sometimes it shows on the screen and she needs a retake.

Earlier this month readers will recall we saw photos from a location shoot for DH that showed Emma in costume as Hermione Polyjuiced to look like Bellatrix Lestrange, who is played in the Potter films by award winning actress Helena Bonham Carter.

Recently, Watson went round to Bonham Carter’s house to talk through a scene where her character, Bellatrix, becomes Hermione after taking polyjuice. Bonham Carter wanted to know everything about Hermione, to get the role right, and as Watson admits, “I am a Harry Potter lexicon.” She also found Bonham Carter’s advice incredibly useful. Both actresses started young and are not traditionally trained. “I don’t come, like Dan [Radcliffe], from a very actorly family, so I was Bambi in the headlights – I never had anyone to guide me,” explains Watson. “I hadn’t been to Lamda or Rada, and I had a chip on my shoulder about it. But Helena said I don’t need to get trained: she taught herself, read Chekhov, books, theories, and she prepares herself so deeply for every role – the more you know about a person, the more you move intuitively.”

Watson sighs. “I admire her so much, she is so confident in herself, so happy. When she appears on the ‘worst-dressed’ list in Heat she says, ‘Who cares?’ She is comfortable with who she is. She probably has no idea how important those two or three hours with her were to me.” Watson is all emotional. You want to hug her, except she’s far too English and proper for that.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Hp___dh_40_thumb

the last two films are going to be AMAZING!!!

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on June 28, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Pre_spookyhalloween_thumb

i can NOT WAIT!!

Posted by hermy65 on June 28, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

The Kiss !

I can’t wait two years to see this kiss! I’m so excited. Six takes must mean it’s REALLY good!

Posted by Broomsnitch on June 28, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator

OMG! The kiss….wat we’ve been waiting for! I’m not surprised about the whole 6 takes. WOW i luv Helena Bonham Carter and I’m excited to see how she takes on a nicer personality for the Polyjuice Potion scene! Also can’t wait to see that scene @ Ma;foy Manor with Emma and Helena! (Also excited for Malfoy Manor becuz of TOM FELTON!)

Posted by Malfoyluva on June 28, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Greta interview. ANd I can’t wait for the kiss!!!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on June 28, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator

Aww, Emma’s great!

Posted by Sarah on June 28, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

W-w-w-wha? Bellatrix polyjuices into Hermione?!? Am I missing something?

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on June 28, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Watson’s amazing :].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 28, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Img_0915_thumb

It will be interesting to see Hellena Bonham Carter’s Hermione. She has such a distinctive style.

Posted by Este on June 28, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

Wonderful interview ! Thanx! I think Helena Bonham Carter is superb in Sweeny Todd!

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 28, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Oh my God!!! – 3 words I keep repeating these days :D

Emma,I love you so much!!! and like you love love love Helena ( we also do),we love love love you!!! and don’t worry-you’ll never be on worst-dressed list or anything like that..you’re the topest top! and I would say- "who cares she’s English? -come on,give me a big hug and 1000 kisses!!! "

Posted by Matea on June 28, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor-cat-is-not-amused_thumb

she is just so real and honest. She made me sigh and want to hug her at the end of the interview too!

Posted by stuckinanhpmoment on June 28, 2009, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

YAY!!! THE KISS! :)

Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

It was really a great and hearty interview.Thanks Emma! Can’t wait to watch the movie !

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 29, 2009, 01:08 AM report to moderator

...no sooner had the door swung shut behind them than they heard a familiar voice issuing from behind a rack of dress robes in spangled green and blue.[br]"...not a child, in case you haven't noticed, Mother. I am perfectly capable of doing my shopping [i