First Five Minutes of Half-Blood Prince Released in Germany

HBP Film
June 26, 2009, 12:00 PM

Heads up! The first five minutes of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince are now online. Seen here via Videoload in Germany, you need to register then access where it says "Exklusive"  to watch the first five minutes of the film. If someone can capture this please owl us with more. SPOILERS AHOY!

Thanks so much to Christian from HarryPotterXperts.De!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

lgghanem said:
“From the few seconds of youtube I saw, the quality isn’t too great, and it appears to be too cool a kick-off to spoil before the theaters.”
Actually it’s the worst start to a movie. It’s like a trailer, or a montage of clips we saw arranged differently. If this is the movie, again horrible editing by Mark Day. What the heck do they think they’re doing? Where’s the buildup, the tension, whatever??

Posted by Roonil Wazlib on June 27, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Hm I was gonna watch it but now I’ve decided not too! I think I’ve already seen too much in the trailers and stuff so I don’t want to spoil any more of the movie – I want to watch it in the cinema first!
…..I can totally resist the temptation for that long. (I hope.)

Posted by MuggleQueen on June 27, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Z_thumb

the beginning is awesome. i feel like im actually in there o_O its terrifying when the entire bridge breaks down :S
BUT THAT WAS BEYOND COOL!
i want to see the movie NOW!!!
faints

Posted by chocolaterabbits on June 27, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator

Did anyone manage to get to the clip on that german site, not youtube? I registered and logged in and followed the link but there’s nothing there but trailers and featurettes. Where are the 5 minutes?

Posted by Roonil Wazlib on June 27, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator

The Bridge collapse was only like three minutes. I didn’t like how rushed it was. It’s like Order of the Phoenix all over again. The first four HP films had depth in each of their scenes, but OoTP and this just skip over scenes like they’re nothing… I’m hoping for a miracle for the Deathly Hallows. Maybe they’ll fire the current editor and hire someone who doesn’t place clips together like it’s a trailer or something.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on June 27, 2009, 01:12 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Uh oh, i’m tempted to watch it! I can wait 18 days!! I just hope I will not end up watching it…

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on June 27, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator

You have to click on the writing “Sehen Sie bei uns etc.” Bit tricky, because you also have to download a tracker or something. Rare moments when I’m glad that I can speak German as well… And that “Vorschau” was quite good

Posted by Andrash on June 27, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I didn’t know that there’s an advance screening in Germany… How they did that? Capturing the clips from a theater is illegal. I hope you also know that…

Posted by EnricoDc on June 27, 2009, 01:15 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I strongly agree on Jaymie Brooks.

You know, I’m praying since 2007 that the filmmakers who work for Deathly Hallows (final HP film) are the team who created the film adaptation of Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings trilogy led by Peter Jackson, i know it’s impossible for now but there’s a “miracle”. =)

Posted by EnricoDc on June 27, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I can wait the 3 weeks…

Posted by Won_Two on June 27, 2009, 01:21 AM report to moderator

Guys the video has been deleted, in the meantime please use this link

Posted by sweettahsin on June 27, 2009, 01:25 AM report to moderator
Leonidascantread

One, it’s in German. Two, I registered because my sister’s boyfriend speaks some German and was able to navigate through the site, and we got error page on the video every time we tried to watch it, so the video on the actual german site doesn’t work, unless you’re in Germany and have the plugin and stuff, idk. Three, I am sure they shorten and skip out on many parts of the actual movie scenes to contain them within a 5 minute period for this silly thing.

Posted by iampadfoot on June 27, 2009, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I won’t watch it, I won’t watch it…. Oh gosh, someone slap me, I am about to watch it. No, I won’t. I won’t… I feel like Kreacher when he refused to be owned by Harry. Goshhhh.

Posted by Christine on June 27, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Threefriends_thumb

I want to wait and see it for the first time in the theater. :)

Posted by ProfessorCharms [ROAR] on June 27, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator

leaky, get some other version up. It’s impossible to see.

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on June 27, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator

"She's somewhere over there," said Ron, pointing along the shelves. "Looking for another book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014