Deathly Hallows Casting Updates: Aunt Muriel Cast, Mafald Hopkirk Recast and Clemence Confirmed!

DH Film
June 26, 2009, 06:19 PM

As filming continues in England for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there are a few bits of casting news to update on. First TLC has word that the part of Ministry of Magic worker Mafilda Hopkirk has been recast and will now be portrayed by actress Sophie Thompson (Nicholas Nickelby, A Room with a View), who is the sister of actress Emma Thompson (Prof Trelawney). Also the part of Ron's Auntie Muriel will reportedly be played by longtime character actress Matyelok Gibbs, who was most recently seen in Miss Potter. Finally, as noted first by TLC reader Enrico regarding this article in Elle Magazine that states Clemence Poesy will reprise her role as Fleur Delacour in Deathly Hallows. While this was long expected, TLC can now independently confirm that indeed Clemence has been on set in prep for filming of scenes that will no doubt include the Weasley Wedding, interiors at Shell Cottage, the 7 Potters and more. Again, as with every one of the casting reports over the months, TLC believes these to be accurate but official confirmation will arrive only when WB issues a formal announcement. The long summer of filming on DH continues, with Part one of Harry Potter and the Deathly due in theaters November, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ron1_thumb

Yay! Glad to hear Clemence is back :)

Posted by Christine on June 27, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Glad the same actress will play Fleur again… it would be odd with a new actress in her role. Very good news on everything! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 27, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator

Yay! Fleur is back. So they’re definitely doing Bill and Fleur’s wedding. Even though the people who haven’t read the books will have no idea who Bill is. Oh, well.

Posted by badger666 on June 27, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Whoohooo, Phlegm, I mean Fleur, is in!!! I am getting so excited for DH that it is overshadowing HBP. Based on casting alone it seems like they are far more invested in finally doing DH right than they have been for the other movies since the first two. I cannot wait!

Does anyone else find it interesting that Emma Thompson’s sister is going to have a role but she herself won’t come back to finish her own? I am so, so disappointed in Trelawney. But still very excited about the movie.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on June 27, 2009, 10:31 PM report to moderator

Ok, we have Fleur and Auntie Muriel and even Malfalda Hopkirk, but has anyone confirmed the Dursley’s yet????

Posted by bookmonster79 on June 27, 2009, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Ophelia_thumb

So does this mean we get to have Bill too? As others have wondered, is a red-haired man going to face the camera and say “I’m Bill, the oldest Weasley brother.”? The lack of continuity from film to film is a bit frustrating.

Posted by ophelia1141 on June 28, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I wonder if they’ll bring back the guy who played Viktor Krum….

Posted by tubaturtle on June 28, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I cant wait to see Cleence in the movie

Posted by The Nerd on June 28, 2009, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

Some interesting picks… We will see how they turn out.

Posted by Lloyd on June 28, 2009, 05:30 AM report to moderator
373_thumb

yay clemence woopwoop she will be brilliant!

Posted by mystifiedbymuggles on June 28, 2009, 05:35 AM report to moderator
250px-gellert_grindelwald_and_albus_dumbledore_thumb

yeah im so glad Clemence is back!

i hope Emma Thompson will be back as Trelawney too…i hope :)

Posted by TheTom K* *SQUEE* on June 28, 2009, 05:36 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

I’m so excited that Clemence is back! I just want to run around the room screaming like an idiot, THAT’S how excited I am. I love Clemence and that is the casting I’ve been the most on edge over while waiting for some confirmation. I’m so glad she’s back. GOF didn’t do her any justice at all so I’m really looking forward to seeing her get more screen time in DH. I also hope that this time they will find a better way to showcase her beauty as Fleur and show everyone why she was cast to play someone who is part-veela. I’m just down right giddy now! I’m so ready for DH!

Posted by bella vita on June 28, 2009, 08:56 AM report to moderator
Normal_movies_officialimages_lunaspectre_001_thumb

Yay for Bill and Fleur!!

Posted by HPHealer on June 28, 2009, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Ka4j6h_thumb

OMG! squee This is so exciting..!!!!!

Posted by Minihippogriff on June 28, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Iconavmeg_thumb

Squee! So gald that Clemence is back!

Posted by Cheimonas on June 28, 2009, 09:14 AM report to moderator

Aunt Marge coming for a week-long [br]visit -- it was the worst birthday present the Dursleys had ever give him, including that pair of Uncle Vernon's old socks.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014