Sit Down and Feel the Power of the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
June 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

Harry Potter fans in select movie theaters will have an opportunity to experience Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in a whole new way. Five theaters in the US will screen the sixth Harry Potter film, with the seats to offer a new D-Box Motion-enhanced system. According to the press release, this type of specially equipped theater seating "captivates moviegoers, creating a completely immersive, realistic experience where audience members feel as though they are actually in the movie," allowing Harry Potter fans to "experience the whimsy of flight and the intensity of battle" as they watch Half-Blood Prince. The five theaters in the US to feature this special seating for screenings of HBP include: Galaxy Cannery in Las Vegas, Nevada; Mann Chinese 6 Theatre in Hollywood; UltraStar Cinemas in Surprise, Arizona; Galaxy Highland Theatre in Austin, Texas; and Theatres at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. The Cineplex Odeon Queensway in Etobicoke, Canada will also provide this seating.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hey I live in Costa Rica and I have no idea what D-Box Motion-enhanced system is… Can someone explain please?

Posted by Javier J on June 26, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

Road Trip!! Awesome, I’m going to MN to go this!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on June 26, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Rachchloe_thumb

How does this work exactly? Is this like the Honey I shrunk the audience thing at Disney World where you feel air blowing at you and the seats move a bit and stuff? or what?

Posted by Rachezee on June 26, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Hermione-06_thumb

ooohhh! There’s no way I could make the trip to Austin for it but have fun for those who get to experience this. GET YOUR TICKETS! I hope they’ll make this feature available for theaters everywhere by the time DH comes out

Posted by Witchlover on June 26, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator

Oh wow! What about the UK though?

Posted by ♥Sparkly Purple Cloud♥{WBM}♥ on June 26, 2009, 09:21 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Very cool…someone go and tell us how it was!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 26, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Man!! I wish they would bring one here, but that is a very small chance considering there’s only one movie theater in the city where I live. :(

Posted by cghambright on June 26, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

This sounds pretty cool, I will have to look into the one in Austin.

Posted by Lloyd on June 26, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Sounds nauseating :P

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 26, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator

That sounds so cool! I wish I could go to one.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 26, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator

Nothing cool like that ever happens in FL… :-(

Posted by Victory-Starr on June 26, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Harry-and-ginny-hugging-half-blood-prince-harry-potter-actors-1550738-400-371_thumb

Yay Austin is only an hour away!!!

Posted by Ready for some quidditch on June 26, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

Oh, and tickets for D-Box movies at Galaxy Highland are $15 for matinee and $16.75 for evening showings. Unfortunately, it’s a little out of my price range.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on June 26, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

Hoooooly crap I am SO going to the one in Austin! I can’t believe we actually get something here for once!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on June 26, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator

I think that this is a little bit obsessive. I have the opportunity to see it because I live near the chinese theatre if i want to spend a fortune. i’d rather, just, like, keep a safe distance from the movie, you know? it’s like 3D, I unfortunately see it as superfluous for me. But i really hope others enjoy it.

Posted by Another Weasley on June 26, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator

A curly-haired third-year Hufflepuff girl to whom Harry had never spoken in his life asked him to go to the ball with her the very next day. Harry was so taken aback he said no before he'd even stopped to consider the matter. The girl walked off looking r