Sit Down and Feel the Power of the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
June 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

Harry Potter fans in select movie theaters will have an opportunity to experience Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in a whole new way. Five theaters in the US will screen the sixth Harry Potter film, with the seats to offer a new D-Box Motion-enhanced system. According to the press release, this type of specially equipped theater seating "captivates moviegoers, creating a completely immersive, realistic experience where audience members feel as though they are actually in the movie," allowing Harry Potter fans to "experience the whimsy of flight and the intensity of battle" as they watch Half-Blood Prince. The five theaters in the US to feature this special seating for screenings of HBP include: Galaxy Cannery in Las Vegas, Nevada; Mann Chinese 6 Theatre in Hollywood; UltraStar Cinemas in Surprise, Arizona; Galaxy Highland Theatre in Austin, Texas; and Theatres at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. The Cineplex Odeon Queensway in Etobicoke, Canada will also provide this seating.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Wolfpatronus2_thumb

Cool, I’m going to visit my family in LA anyway so I’ll definetely try the one in Hollywood.

Posted by half-blood queen~ROAR~ on June 26, 2009, 03:16 AM report to moderator
Neaqtw_th_thumb

1st! Crazy IM SO PUMPED!

Posted by GryffindorGarstang on June 26, 2009, 06:19 AM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

darn it..there’s not one in SC

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on June 26, 2009, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Hermione-hbp_thumb

why not in nyc?!?!?!

Posted by Hermionethesecond on June 26, 2009, 06:43 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

What will they think of next? :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 26, 2009, 07:12 AM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I’m really jealous!!!!!!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 26, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
Dscn0756-1_thumb

Well, I’ll have to drive to MN to do this. Glad to have made an MN friend at LeakyCon!! Hehe.

Posted by Shane [WBM] on June 26, 2009, 07:26 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I have absolutely no ride to MN if I did go. No one other than me would be willing to go. (Except for my sister, but she’s leaving for the Army in a week.)

Posted by Christine on June 26, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

There won’t ne a special theatre in our area, but the movie will be good, special seats or no!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 26, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

This really sucks. The closest is Mall of America and would I really feel like driving 6hrs for a movie? I found it crazy that they left out Chicago(my city) and NYC. Those two of the biggest cities in the US.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on June 26, 2009, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Mendel_thumb

OMG!! Can anyone here say, “FEELIES”?!?! Fiction becomes reality once more. (For those who don’t recognize the reference - Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World…)

Posted by maxteachLairyFights on June 26, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
100_166_thumb

Damn, wish i weren’t in the UK

Posted by Bockers [WBM] on June 26, 2009, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Picture_2_thumb

so going to the one in LA!!! holy crow!

Posted by Izzzy8 on June 26, 2009, 08:15 AM report to moderator
Picture_2_thumb

so going to the one in LA!!! holy crow! now, all they need to do for films 7 and 8 is to put these fancy chairs in an imax 3D theater!!! I may just explode if that happens!! :D Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Posted by Izzzy8 on June 26, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I wish i could see it!! though i do get to see the midnight premie.

Posted by The Nerd on June 26, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator

"I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wand in half an' everything. But Dumbledore let me stay on as gamekeeper. Great man, Dumbledore."