Sit Down and Feel the Power of the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
June 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

Harry Potter fans in select movie theaters will have an opportunity to experience Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in a whole new way. Five theaters in the US will screen the sixth Harry Potter film, with the seats to offer a new D-Box Motion-enhanced system. According to the press release, this type of specially equipped theater seating "captivates moviegoers, creating a completely immersive, realistic experience where audience members feel as though they are actually in the movie," allowing Harry Potter fans to "experience the whimsy of flight and the intensity of battle" as they watch Half-Blood Prince. The five theaters in the US to feature this special seating for screenings of HBP include: Galaxy Cannery in Las Vegas, Nevada; Mann Chinese 6 Theatre in Hollywood; UltraStar Cinemas in Surprise, Arizona; Galaxy Highland Theatre in Austin, Texas; and Theatres at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. The Cineplex Odeon Queensway in Etobicoke, Canada will also provide this seating.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Mugglecast_thumb

aw why isn’t there one in nyc =(

Posted by Fishpotpi on June 25, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator

ahhh wt bwt the uk!

Posted by granger_malfoy on June 25, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

OMG! I am soooo driving up to Minisota for that….

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on June 25, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

why can’t there be one in MD???? :(

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on June 25, 2009, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

Darn there’s not one here in Illinois.

PS, RIP Michael Jackson :(

Posted by Jesicurz93 on June 25, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator

Austin is a 5hour drive. Contemplating making that drive!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on June 25, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Very cool. I’m in LA I get to check this out. Yippeeeeee!!!!

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on June 25, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22030 Points

excellent!!! I’m really happy for US!!! I will watch it here!!! =P

06_thumb

Alabama never gets anything. :(

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on June 25, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I think I remember something like this at Disneyworld several years ago, just not for this movie obviously.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on June 25, 2009, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Avataranna_thumb

it sounds kinda weird and different… i think ill go to the one here in canada!

Posted by Anna on June 25, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

This reminds me of the “Smell-O-Vision” movies…

Posted by Won_Two on June 25, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish such a theater were closer to where I live; seeing the movie in this fashion would certainly enrich the experience altogether! I hope that for the people who are able to see the movie in these theaters, they have a marvelous time.

Posted by Kirk on June 25, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Normal_movies_officialimages_lunaspectre_001_thumb

OMG!!! I live in MN, and we are always too far away from all the big-city stuff on the east and west coasts. I can’t wait to see it. Although, I haven’t been able to find any info on purchasing tickets in advance. Has anyone else found anything?

Posted by HPHealer on June 26, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That sounds freakin’ AWESOME!! If only there was one in KY.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 26, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator

"I accept there's something strange about you, probably nothing a good beating wouldn't have cured -- and as for all this about your parents, well, they were weirdos, no denying it, and the world's better off without them in my opinion."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014