Parade Magazine Feature on Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe Interviews
June 25, 2009, 12:12 PM

The new issue of Parade magazine, carried in many weekend editions of US newspapers, will feature actor Dan Radcliffe. There is a new interview with the actor now online, as well as these new photos seen via this link. In the piece, Dan discusses taking on the role in the stage production of Equus, dating, fame and fortune, as well as aging while doing the Harry Potter films.

It will shock nobody that Radcliffe is a spectacularly sensible and articulate young man. Just like Harry. Over the years, he admits, it’s been hard to tell where Harry leaves off and he begins. “When I started out at the age of 10 or 11,” he says, “I was essentially saying the lines as I myself would say them. When I became aware that that’s what I was doing, at 13 or 14, it didn’t make sense to change, because it would suddenly be a dramatic shift in the character.” He smiles. When his mother read the sixth Harry Potter book, he remembers, she noticed that “Harry argues in the kind of irritating, pedantic way that I argue. She thought Harry and I were getting closer and closer together at that point.”
...

And what about the prospect of—gulp—turning 20 next month?  “I’ve noticed I make noises when I get up and sit down now,” Radcliffe says in all seriousness. “I mean, my knees are rotten bad—I refused to wear knee pads too many times when I was doing stunts, and I just clobbered them up a bit. I am an old man in a young man’s body.”

Finally, be sure to take what they are calling "The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz." This issue of Parade will be in newspapers this weekend. Thanks much Vicki!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Playermodel

fun quiz

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on June 26, 2009, 03:26 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

50 out of 50 whoop whoop

Posted by FrancescaElle on June 26, 2009, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Casey_close_up_thumb

I really enjoyed the article about Dan. I agree with what he said about their being kids first and then actors in England, and that it is the opposite here in the U.S. It would be better if it were that way here too. I admire all of the young actors in HP because they seem so well grounded and not full of themselves.

Loved the quiz. Made a 49 on it. Missed the one about the price of unicorn tail hair. Hermione has got nothing on me. HaHa!

Posted by JKMcGonagall on June 26, 2009, 05:00 AM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

Lovely interview from Daniel as always. I got 43 out of 50 on the quiz. Pretty good considering I just guessed on a few and happen to guess correctly.

Posted by hpikjdjg on June 26, 2009, 05:09 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Got a 49 on the quiz. Thought the question about the number of points added at the end of PS/SS was poorly worded.

Posted by Rhiannon on June 26, 2009, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

He looks really good on these pictures :)
But not those with the tree thingy :D

Posted by Ravonja [WBM♥] on June 26, 2009, 05:51 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

good interview!!!!!!!!!

Epjpegutil31_thumb

That quiz was fun to do!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 26, 2009, 06:09 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

enjoyed reading that article.

Good photos

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on June 26, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
His interviews are always terrific!! and he looks so awesome!!

@Live,Love,Laugh Potter[ROAR]_____ he doesn’t look twenty…. right…..but
he said he is an old person in a young person’a body and from reading his interviews and listening to others he is so ‘right’!!! His thought prosses
and intelligence are way beyond his years.
He has an ‘old soul’…..he has wisedom way beyond his years.

and for whoever said Dan is the youngest of the HP cast…. Dan will be 20 in July .Emma JUST turned 19 in April this year.

Posted by Jeannine on June 26, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

I scored 46 on the quiz, could have had one more if only I had stopped to think a bit longer.

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on June 26, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I scored 47 on the quiz, Quidditch questions are my weak point, I’m just not a sports person.
A good interview, as always. I suspect a little airbrushing in the photos, nobody can escape the ravages of all-night shooting.

Posted by Graymayne on June 26, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Nice guy, cool pics

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 26, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator

"So the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but when I let him out, he will immediate

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014