Parade Magazine Feature on Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe Interviews
June 25, 2009, 12:12 PM

The new issue of Parade magazine, carried in many weekend editions of US newspapers, will feature actor Dan Radcliffe. There is a new interview with the actor now online, as well as these new photos seen via this link. In the piece, Dan discusses taking on the role in the stage production of Equus, dating, fame and fortune, as well as aging while doing the Harry Potter films.

It will shock nobody that Radcliffe is a spectacularly sensible and articulate young man. Just like Harry. Over the years, he admits, it’s been hard to tell where Harry leaves off and he begins. “When I started out at the age of 10 or 11,” he says, “I was essentially saying the lines as I myself would say them. When I became aware that that’s what I was doing, at 13 or 14, it didn’t make sense to change, because it would suddenly be a dramatic shift in the character.” He smiles. When his mother read the sixth Harry Potter book, he remembers, she noticed that “Harry argues in the kind of irritating, pedantic way that I argue. She thought Harry and I were getting closer and closer together at that point.”
...

And what about the prospect of—gulp—turning 20 next month?  “I’ve noticed I make noises when I get up and sit down now,” Radcliffe says in all seriousness. “I mean, my knees are rotten bad—I refused to wear knee pads too many times when I was doing stunts, and I just clobbered them up a bit. I am an old man in a young man’s body.”

Finally, be sure to take what they are calling "The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz." This issue of Parade will be in newspapers this weekend. Thanks much Vicki!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Raven_avatar_thumb

By the time DH comes out he will be retired!

Posted by Won_Two on June 26, 2009, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Luna-lovegood-hbp_thumb

Wow, some of those questions are hard. I am ashamed that I got 37, maybe not as smart as John Noe =)

Posted by lunalovegoodlove on June 26, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore1_thumb

old man, at 20? hilarious! great article.

Posted by Empressa on June 26, 2009, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

He’s so amazing!! This was a great interview! I just love how intelligent and funny he is and I can’t wait to see what Dan does in the future. You can tell he’s a future BAFTA and OSCAR winner. He’s just so talented.

Posted by cghambright on June 26, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

And I have to add…Dang, He’s SEXY!

Posted by cghambright on June 26, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

that quiz was quite hard in some places. i got 42 though yayaya.
I can’t believe Dan is 20 already wow, time flies byyyy.

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on June 26, 2009, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

wow. those are some really good pictures of him.

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on June 26, 2009, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

almost 20!!!!!!!! :) poor him with bad legs! lol

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on June 26, 2009, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

i think dan looks better without the beard-and rupert is so hot!

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on June 26, 2009, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

Great he is great actor, and he doesn’t have the rotten attitude that many young actors have.

Posted by Lloyd on June 26, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

i got 43 on the quiz. not bad.

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on June 26, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Good quiz & article

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 26, 2009, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wow! love the pics!

Posted by Matea on June 26, 2009, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

Dan is just Amazing…

Posted by Despina on June 26, 2009, 03:21 AM report to moderator

DATE ME DAN!!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 26, 2009, 03:24 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Ron had not asked Dumbledore to give him the prefect badge. This was not Ron's fault. Was he, Harry, Ron's best friend in the world, going to sulk because he didn't have a badge, laugh with the twins behind Ron's back, ruin this for Ron when, for the firs