Parade Magazine Feature on Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe Interviews
June 25, 2009, 12:12 PM

The new issue of Parade magazine, carried in many weekend editions of US newspapers, will feature actor Dan Radcliffe. There is a new interview with the actor now online, as well as these new photos seen via this link. In the piece, Dan discusses taking on the role in the stage production of Equus, dating, fame and fortune, as well as aging while doing the Harry Potter films.

It will shock nobody that Radcliffe is a spectacularly sensible and articulate young man. Just like Harry. Over the years, he admits, it’s been hard to tell where Harry leaves off and he begins. “When I started out at the age of 10 or 11,” he says, “I was essentially saying the lines as I myself would say them. When I became aware that that’s what I was doing, at 13 or 14, it didn’t make sense to change, because it would suddenly be a dramatic shift in the character.” He smiles. When his mother read the sixth Harry Potter book, he remembers, she noticed that “Harry argues in the kind of irritating, pedantic way that I argue. She thought Harry and I were getting closer and closer together at that point.”
...

And what about the prospect of—gulp—turning 20 next month?  “I’ve noticed I make noises when I get up and sit down now,” Radcliffe says in all seriousness. “I mean, my knees are rotten bad—I refused to wear knee pads too many times when I was doing stunts, and I just clobbered them up a bit. I am an old man in a young man’s body.”

Finally, be sure to take what they are calling "The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz." This issue of Parade will be in newspapers this weekend. Thanks much Vicki!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Da1a_thumb

Mine is getting stuck after the 1st question…. GRRRR!

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on June 25, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

Really good interview. I’m more of a Rupert fan myself but Dan just seems like a really great guy. A lot of the Potter guys/girls seem to be great. Such an amazing cast. I love them.

The pictures are also awesome. Especially the one with the tie.

Posted by Salame on June 25, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

If you like dating women, Dan, as opposed to girls… I’m totally available ;) LOL

Seriously though, great interview, once again. It blows me away time and time again how rooted, sensible and easygoing Dan, Rupert, Emma and the other young actors are.

Posted by MischiefManaged on June 25, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

Love the pics , i would love to see him play a gay drug dealer , now that would shock people !

Posted by FrancescaElle on June 25, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Of all the actors, he is the one i would least like to meet.

Posted by decarus on June 25, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

That’s a good quiz – I got 42 and I got lucky on a few guesses and really only missed 1 that I knew but spaced.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 25, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

vice nice! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 25, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Can’t seem to get past the first question on the quiz because it won’t go to the second one or further. Dang it…I know I know these answers. Got to go read the article now. Dan is such a wonderful person as well as a great actor. Can only know he will do good things in the future. He was great in Equus and he has been wonderful in all the movies that he has made.

Posted by beewell on June 25, 2009, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

ok! jajaja!!! is getting old!!! jajaja! not old! just tired!!! that job is very hard!!! don’t worry you’ll be fine! ;)

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

mmm… I don’t care! old or young! he is really cute!!! THE ONE!!!

Greathornedowl_thumb

Am I the only one who thinks he is starting to look like Elijah Wood?

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on June 25, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

WHY won’t it go past the 1st question?!!!!!!!

Posted by Rin68nyr on June 25, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

i cant belive he is 20!!!

Posted by The Nerd on June 26, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

What a nice article. I was taking the quiz but it was taking too and annoying. Mostly annoying since my computer was not blocking all the ad’s popping up.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on June 26, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

It was a really great interview. He’s so lovely and articulate. And I loved the pictures! :)

Posted by Hermionegirl on June 26, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator

Dumbledore flicked his own wand. The force of the spell that emanated from it was such that Harry, though shielded by his stone guard, felt his hair stand on end as it passed, and this time Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of th

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014