Parade Magazine Feature on Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe Interviews
June 25, 2009, 12:12 PM

The new issue of Parade magazine, carried in many weekend editions of US newspapers, will feature actor Dan Radcliffe. There is a new interview with the actor now online, as well as these new photos seen via this link. In the piece, Dan discusses taking on the role in the stage production of Equus, dating, fame and fortune, as well as aging while doing the Harry Potter films.

It will shock nobody that Radcliffe is a spectacularly sensible and articulate young man. Just like Harry. Over the years, he admits, it’s been hard to tell where Harry leaves off and he begins. “When I started out at the age of 10 or 11,” he says, “I was essentially saying the lines as I myself would say them. When I became aware that that’s what I was doing, at 13 or 14, it didn’t make sense to change, because it would suddenly be a dramatic shift in the character.” He smiles. When his mother read the sixth Harry Potter book, he remembers, she noticed that “Harry argues in the kind of irritating, pedantic way that I argue. She thought Harry and I were getting closer and closer together at that point.”
...

And what about the prospect of—gulp—turning 20 next month?  “I’ve noticed I make noises when I get up and sit down now,” Radcliffe says in all seriousness. “I mean, my knees are rotten bad—I refused to wear knee pads too many times when I was doing stunts, and I just clobbered them up a bit. I am an old man in a young man’s body.”

Finally, be sure to take what they are calling "The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz." This issue of Parade will be in newspapers this weekend. Thanks much Vicki!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Deathly_002_001_thumb

Looks good .. frst yay

Posted by wiltabone on June 25, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

20! already?

Posted by Hydrus on June 25, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

Same age as me!! :D

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on June 25, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Dnmgazvy_thumb

Got 42 on the quiz

Posted by Apple on June 25, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator

Good article. Interesting insight on his growth as an actor and realizing where being himself and the character intersected,lol.

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on June 25, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good article.

Posted by budgie on June 25, 2009, 12:47 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Loving the picture of Dan in this interview. VERY HOT!

I love hearing from Dan. He’s always so interesting and insightful. He talks about how he hopes the $$ he gets paid for big-budget films like HP will give him the freedom to do smaller films as well. I’d love to see Dan do smaller independent films in the future. Hopefully, they’ll give him a chance to stretch himself like Equus did.

I’ve said it many times before, but I just have to say it again – I LOVE Dan!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 25, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Me-cropped_thumb

that’s a fun quiz. some of the questions are kinda tricky! :-)

Posted by janspach on June 25, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

he loook sexyyy o…ilove these photoos…and goood
interview :) iloveee dannn :D

Posted by potterrock on June 25, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Me_at_eyecon_thumb

I got a 48 on the quiz…not bad!

Posted by hmrpotter on June 25, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Dan doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The guy doesn’t even LOOK 20!
I scored 41 :]. Hermione’s got nothin’ on me!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 25, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

i think dan looks better without the beard-and rupert is so hot!

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on June 25, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator

Really enjoined reading the interview, as always happens with Daniel.

I don’t understand why some of you pretend to be shocked with the age stuff, he is not even the oldest of the HP male actors, actually, I think he is the youngest.

Posted by ethanHP on June 25, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

48 out of 50!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on June 25, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

Every one should definatley take the quiz it is AWESOME! It really tests you to see how much you do actually know!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on June 25, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]Harry -- this is a Pocket Sneakoscope. If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's supposed to light up and spin. Bill says it's rubbish sold for wizard tourists and isn't reliable, because it kept lighting up at dinner last night. But he didn't real