PotterCast DC Tour Stop: Meet us on the National Mall to Protest the Ministry of Magic's Policies

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
June 22, 2009, 01:10 AM

This Tuesay at 4pm, PotterCast, The Remus Lupins and The Whomping Willows, will have a peaceful protest of the Ministry of Magic's policies, on the National Mall in Washington, DC! (For updates please remember to follow the tour's twitter.)

Meet us at 4th St. SW and Jefferson Dr., SW, (view map here), facing the reflection pool. Bring signs to show the Ministry of Magic what you think of their policies! Free Stan Shunpike! Independence to House Elves! Fair Rights for Goblins!

There will also be a fair amount of music and dancing. So be ready.

(This is not a protest against the band Ministry of Magic. We like them.)

Come wearing green to show solidarity!

RSVP on Facebook here, and on MyLeaky here!

Again, info:
Tuesday, June 23
4pm
4th St NW and Jefferson Dr, SW
Washington, DC

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

Hope everyone has fun (that can attend).

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 22, 2009, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Me_melissaa_thumb

Did anyone see the news about the D.C. Train crash today? My thoughts are with the victims and their families. Please everyone be careful and have a wonderful time!

Posted by wisemar on June 22, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator

Hey, guys, the map link you provided is wrong. You want to link to 4th St and Jefferson Drive. The link you provided goes to 4th St and Jefferson Street, which is several miles from the Mall. Jefferson Dr, SW runs along the National Mall. For those taking Metro, your best bets are the L’Enfant Plaza stops (yellow, blue, orange,and green lines) and Federal Center SW (blue and orange lines). I work in DC and hope to come see you all tomorrow!

Posted by marile on June 22, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Rsz_1myleakypic_thumb

Very excited this is happening. Can’t wait to see y’all!

Posted by SnapeShapedHole on June 22, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Have fun! Hope the Death Eaters don’t arrest you.

Posted by Hydrus on June 22, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Have fun! Hope the Death Eaters don’t arrest you.

Posted by Hydrus on June 22, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_pic_thumb

I love Washington D.C. I wish I could be there!

Posted by monicahp2009(WBM) on June 22, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator

omg i wish i could go!! i’m so jealous…

Posted by aligirrl on June 22, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Spooky_cat_thumb

http://tinyurl.com/nmfvs3 is the correct map location. I will probably be there. I can’t wait!

Posted by cbm on June 22, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Have fun!

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 23, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’m in Maryland, guess I might drive up there…

Posted by Won_Two on June 23, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore1_thumb

this sounds like a lot of fun. wish i could be there. i’ll be watching the news for the story.

Posted by Empressa on June 23, 2009, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

I’ll be there in spirit!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on June 23, 2009, 05:03 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Cool idea!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on June 23, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Wish I could go to one of there tours!! Why do I have to live in the UK?

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on June 23, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator

"I see you all, whole and healthy, with your powers intact -- such prompt appearances! -- and I ask myself... why did this band of wizards never come to the aid of their master, to whom they swore eternal loyalty?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014