Floo Powder Power! HP the (Unofficial) Musical Making Internet Rounds

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
June 22, 2009, 03:50 AM

It has been making the rounds all day today on Twitter and through Facebook and other shared links: a theater group recently produced a non-profit, one-time production of Harry Potter: The Musical, and since our staff was handed a DVD of it two days ago we have been singing parts of it nonstop, loudly. You can watch the whole thing through by going here or watching below.

Two opening vids:

Watch the rest at the YouTube channel!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

The_golden_snitch_thumb

The musical was just awesome!

Posted by hermione97 on June 22, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Remus_small2_thumb

they did this show at my school! (University of Michigan). it was the best Basement Arts performance turnout they’ve ever had (from what I’ve heard).

Posted by seachellie4 on June 22, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

Voldemort and Quirrel were laugh out loud funny and when Ron kissed Hermione and the line he said as he walked to the door, OH MY, I was ROTFL!

Posted by Fereverto on June 22, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
475968_thumb

I adored this and did my part on FB to have it make the rounds! The guy playing Voldie is incredible and deliciously sarcastic. The entire cast was brilliant. Done with the right amount of sarcasm and humor and poking fun and it helps that the entire cast were all HP fans to begin with, and they kept bringing little fandom references into the show – the Dramione was one of the funniest. Although… I will never look at Quirrel-mort the same anymore.

Posted by TarsieS (FTC) on June 22, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator

That is awesome. only had time to watch the first 2 scenes but will definitely be watching it later!

Posted by jonamos (WBM) on June 22, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Sc00c5238c_thumb

I just threw up a little in my mouth…. It would be hilarious to see what Jo would say about this lol

Posted by C_10s_p on June 22, 2009, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Sc00c5238c_thumb

Posted by C_10s_p on June 22, 2009, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Martini_icon_thumb

I agree, it’s really hilarious. I thought Harry, Ron, Malfoy and particularly Voldemort were excellent. Accio guitar! Dragons! Quirrell/Voldemort, OTP!

My absolute favorite part was the Imperio tapdancing in the graveyard scene, Act 1 Part 13.

Posted by Peg Kerr on June 22, 2009, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Martini_icon_thumb

Also, you might consider recoding this entry. If you go to the YouTube playlist page here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=464C6B6D83E45245 it will let you embed a player that will switch between all the 23 parts.

Posted by Peg Kerr on June 22, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator

very funny, though I didn’t like Dumbledore at all.

Posted by pottershrink on June 22, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

They need to make a recording of the music and sell it. I would so buy it. I’m a dork that way.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on June 22, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator

It’s fabulous!!!
LOL

:D

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on June 22, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

I absolutely loved it. I sent a message to them and hear back. They don’t think they can make DVDs because they don’t have the rights to Potter. But they are looking into making a soundtrack and putting it on iTunes or MySpace. Apparently they’re talking to some WRockers to see how they put their stuff out there. All I can say is I can’t WAIT for a soundtrack. It was brilliant. Every time Malfoy was rolling around on the floor I was cracking up. Perfect blend of canon, fanon, and spoof. LOVED IT!

Posted by JP Gagen on June 22, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

Well, since I never got my Hogwarts letter, I think I’m gonna have transfer schools with Draco to Pigfarts with RUMBLEROAR!!!! This is fantastic, and they clearly put a lot of time and effort into it. The acting is actually very good- Not too over the top, but keeping a great balance of comedy, and relative closeness to different plot points of the stories, to make it an excellent parody! At our school, we have an event where students can direct their own shows, and if I could somehow get permission to access the script in the future, I would love to bring this show to my school! =D

Posted by Rumbleroar! on June 22, 2009, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Pumpkinsmall_thumb

This is great!. Make sure you watch the whole thing. Here’s my run down of the Acts /Parts. The ones with * are my faves..
1/1 – Intro – Ending of Summer – Gotta to get back to Hogwarts
1/2 – Diagon Alley / Welcome back to Hogwarts – Totally Awesome
1/3 – The House Cup Explained
1/4 – Dangers ahead/preparing for the House Cup
1/5 – Quirell’s secret
1/6 – Ginny’s Song
1/7 – Voldemort & Quirell’/ Draco & Crabbe & Goyle
1/8 – Drunk Voldemort/ Quirell’s
1/9 – The House Cup (Dragon challenge)
1/10 – Getting a date for the Yule Ball (Cho Chang Song) *
1/11 – Yule Ball – Danger of Falling in Love with Hermione Granger
1/12 – Ball Part II – Harry & Ginny
1/13 – Portkey to the Cemetery. The Dark Lord Rises again
1/14 – Cemetery – Love triangle between V/Q /B *
2/1 -Garfield on a Monday
2/2 – The Unbreakable Vow*
2/3 – Of Horcrux and Zac Enfron
2/4 – At the Ministry. “Missing You” *
2/5 – You’re not alone. Searching for the Horcrux. Ron & Herminone?
2/6 – Destroying the Horcrux
2/7 – The Forest Again
2/8 – Dumbledore tells it all.
2/9 – Battle for Hogwarts – “Voldemort is going Down!”*
2/9 – The final battle / Remorse & Regrets

Posted by marypao on June 22, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

[i]"Record numbers of stranded holidaymakers fill airports as the Spanish baggage-handlers' strike reaches its second week --"[/i][br]"Give 'em a lifelong siesta, I would," snarled Uncle Vernon over the end of the newsreader's sentence...