Floo Powder Power! HP the (Unofficial) Musical Making Internet Rounds

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
June 22, 2009, 03:50 AM

It has been making the rounds all day today on Twitter and through Facebook and other shared links: a theater group recently produced a non-profit, one-time production of Harry Potter: The Musical, and since our staff was handed a DVD of it two days ago we have been singing parts of it nonstop, loudly. You can watch the whole thing through by going here or watching below.

Two opening vids:

Watch the rest at the YouTube channel!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Tale_of_three_bros

LOVE IT! The Cho Chang/Lavender Brown blunder was hilarious!
Is this DVD obtainable?

Posted by Marauder (OM1C) on June 22, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I watched this last night, it’s brilliant! I was laughing the entire time. :D

Posted by Sarabi on June 22, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will have to bookmark this for viewing later! Based on the comments posted here, this will amount to total awesomeness.

Posted by Kirk on June 22, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator

This is freaking totally awesome!

Posted by Lisee_Lu on June 22, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

I’ve been obsessing over this for the past couple days. SO FREAKING GOOD.

“Someone’s coming.”
“It’s not me I swear!”

Posted by Kelsey on June 22, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Pclupinwillows_thumb

This musical has been on our lips all day. what fun.

Posted by PCLUPINWILLOW on June 22, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

OMG Harry Potter musical! I’m watching it! that’s sooo cool!

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on June 22, 2009, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

I stayed up till 3am watching this last night – FREAKING AMAZING!

Posted by katiee on June 22, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
King_s-cross-station---harr_thumb

I love it so much. It is just full of so many hilarious lines, and it characterizes the people we love from the books amazingly. It is really just brilliant. I did NOT expect that.

By the way, some of the youtube links aren’t right.

Posted by Arka on June 22, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Dh18_thumb

the best fan project to come out since the puppet pals! It’s ‘TOTALLY AWESOME’! I think they should tour it!!

Posted by Daphne Blake on June 22, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

That’s just simply brilliant!:)

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on June 22, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

Hey guys, you should go to the “HP the musical” Facebook group. There’s a very nice backstage video made by the drummer that gives an idea of what it was like being there. There’s some nice trivia as well: the second show they made was sold out and so was the fifth (which wasn’t even supposed to happen).

Posted by L. P. Dantas on June 22, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Lego_me_thumb

Is there a transcript available anywhere? My hearing isn’t the best anyway, and the laughter seems to be obscuring some of the best lines ;-)

Posted by Phil Boswell on June 22, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

Oh, I LOVE it :)

Posted by Ravonja [WBM♥] on June 22, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Flying-ford-anglia-resized-128_thumb

This is so awesome! This is the only way anyone could do a Harry Potter musical, as a satire. :)

Posted by Immortal Phoenix on June 22, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator

Harry couldn't believe it -- he was free. he rolled down the window, the night air whipping his hair, and looked back at the shrinking rooftops of Privet Drive. Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley were all hanging, dumbstruck, out of Harry's window.[br