Dumbledore's Pensieve Scene Airs During NBC's "Merlin"

HBP Film
June 21, 2009, 08:40 PM

As promised there was a preview of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince during NBC's broadcast of "Merlin." Unfortunately, it was the previously released Pensieve scene where Dumbledore travels to the Orphanage to meet young Tom Riddle. In case you missed it earlier this month, the direct download links for the scene, including in High Definition, can be found here.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released on July 15.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Is22581022_thumb

“Yep.. love it when they hype it up as exclusive.. get our hopes up and just slash it when it’s the same clip. It’s actually quite annoying and a poor use of tactics to get people to watch a new show.”

Obviously they mean a US television exclusive. Anything they advertise on TV as an exclusive that has not aired yet counts as an exclusive and the last 3rd of the clip made it’s television debut tonight.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 22, 2009, 12:53 AM report to moderator

Very cool

Posted by rna51 on June 22, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Hp6_thumb

Waste of time!:(

Posted by Martinisthechosenone on June 22, 2009, 05:59 AM report to moderator
Me_2010_thumb

How disappointing :(

At least Merlin is good…

Posted by Stephanie J on June 22, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

I can’t believed I missed it! I really wanted to watch that . . . Grrr. =[

Posted by Imperiused! on June 22, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

i’ve already seen it too!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on June 22, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i saw it! :] but i’ve already seen it. but…i saw it! lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 22, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Well, it’s okay. We have like four million trailers & tv spots. =]

Posted by Christine on June 22, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Anyone know if that was the MTV version on the one we saw on the Canadian website site? I know there isn’t much difference, but just wondering.

Posted by mollywobble on June 22, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator

Liked the clip as I hadn’t been able to download it properly. Merlin is a bust. The only reason I watched the show was to see the clip. “Excaliber” is a much better visioning of the Camelot story. Hope no one relies on this series in English class. LOL.

Posted by LadySara on June 22, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Md050910_thumb

So it was a clip we’ve seen…that’s okay. It was probably used as a hook to get more people to watch Merlin. I loved the two episodes that were shown; looking forward to next Sunday’s episode. Hopefully it will make it here. I believe it’s already in season 2 in the UK.

Posted by HP Fan for Life on June 22, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

It was the Canadian version, so it was a bit longer. I still think that the scene should be longer than that, but we’ll see soon.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on June 22, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

how in the world was the clip considered exclusive?? Mtv already used it. Oh well. It did its job- made me watch Merlin and now I love it

Posted by snapsforsnape [FTC!] on June 22, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

To short, eh oh well. I still liked what i saw.

Posted by Aitch Davis on June 22, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nothing new!…

Posted by Won_Two on June 22, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I really wish I could hear that great hairy moron trying to defend himself... 'There's no 'arm in 'im, 'onest --'... that hippogriff's as good as dead --"