New Set Report Previews End of Half-Blood Prince and the Hunt for the Horcruxes

HBP Film
June 20, 2009, 10:14 PM

There is a new set report online tonight for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince contained in the new issue of The Observer Film Quarterly. Found in both the print editions of the Guardian and now online tonight, this report contains a new photo of Evanna Lynch (Luna) and Dan Radcliffe (Harry) preparing to shoot a scene for HBP, possibly the arrival at Hogwarts which you can see via this link.

The set report, while quite lengthy, is very well worth the read, containing many new interviews with those such as David Heyman (on JKR: "was very much the same then as she is now: funny, irreverent, compassionate, kind, generous. Very discreet and private. Damn! She's hard to punch holes in ..." ) and David Yates on finishing Potter ("my commitment to Potter is absolute. First of all it's my job to make sure we go out with a bang and, as the Americans would say, put on a show") as well as new insights into the making of the sixth Harry Potter film. Of interest is a new line from the film, possibly at the very end of the movie as Hermione and Harry discuss the need to hunt for the Horcruxes. The article begins by recounting this scene as actress Emma Watson is having trouble with her line. The piece then reads:

"I've said the wrong lines." She frowns at her script. "Can we sort this out?" She looks down from the astronomy tower at director David Yates. He gently guides her through the scene in which her character, Hermione, is talking to Harry Potter about Voldemort's soul. Harry looks very serious. "I'm not coming back, Hermione ... I have to finish what Dumbledore started." Action stops again. Watson focuses on the script. Yates and Daniel Radcliffe discuss Harry's frame of mind...Yates talks him through it. "Harry's in a cold, dark place at the moment, but I would caution against melancholy ... you've got to make sure Harry's not weighty but more fluid, freer."

Later the author speaks to Dan Radcliffe about that scene, getting the following answer: "I ask about Yates cautioning against melancholy when Harry and Hermione were up on the astronomy tower and Radcliffe laughs. "The Half-Blood Prince is funnier than the previous books, which has given me the reins to be a bit more stupid. But I actually prefer doing the slightly darker side of stuff. I'm not so comfortable with being funny. One of David Yates's jobs on this film is to make me see that it's not always about the darkness in the scene; I have in my head that darkness in a character equals credibility and of course that's not the case."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Nice article, lots of details!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 22, 2009, 03:22 AM report to moderator

Good report and interview[s].
More proof of Emma’s nature??

Thought the comment about the colleges was telling and funny.lol!
Would like to have read a longer interview with Dan,her questions were very interesting!!
It’s about time interviewers treated the young actors like intellignt people.
They have sure earned it,
Nice to see this one did.

So can we tell from this were the first part DHI will end????

Posted by Jeannine on June 22, 2009, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Cool picture! Emma!!! Focus!!! =S I’m just exited about the movie!!!

Egon013_thumb

I want the movie. Now. Dx

Posted by Pickles [OTC!] on June 22, 2009, 06:02 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Emma having trouble acting?

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 22, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

That was a great set report, I’m not one who cares much about spoilers so the more clips the better!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on June 22, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

wow that was a great article!

Upclose_of_me_thumb

Really cool article… worth the read. Now I’m getting so excited for the DH movies when I haven’t even seen the HBP movie yet! LOL :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 23, 2009, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

cool! nice article!

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on June 23, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator

"You've picked the losing side, Potter! I warned you! I told you you ought to choose your company more carefully, remember? When we met on the train, first day at Hogwarts? I told you not to hang around with riffraff like this!" He jerked his head at Ron