Extended clip of Dumbledore's Pensieve Scene to the Orphanage from Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
June 20, 2009, 09:30 AM

Scores of readers owled to let us know that Dose in Canada has an extended clip online of the Dumbledore Pensieve scene from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, featuring the trip to the Orphanage where the beloved Professor meets young Tome Riddle for the first time.  To watch, click here and then be sure to check out (on the right side) a retrospective of the films. Enjoy!

Thanks so much to Sarah, Sam, David, Harry, Pat, Bill, Mike and all who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

282337_f260_thumb

Disappointed! The most important thing about this scene is Riddle keeping the box of “trophies” They relate to the whole Horcrux thing and not to show it is stupid.

Posted by PensievePlotter on June 20, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Harrylove_edited-1_thumb

Really good!

Posted by Polly [OoM4, GS] *WBM* on June 20, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

Nice Clip!!!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on June 20, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

HA! HA! I beat my craving :].
I’m not watching this one! Partly because I’m eating lunch and I’m a little preoccupied and partly because I feel as though WB has given us too much.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 20, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

thatt’s great o…..tanks for the video :D

Posted by potterrock on June 20, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Profile_thumb
2090 Points

It’s a chopped up version for sure. There are things that we had previously seen and are missing in this clip, so I’m not worried. Still I loved it! That kid is really creepy… he seems to play young Riddle really well. Less than a month guys! YAY!

Posted by KianaCP on June 20, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator

Ooooh, I loved them both!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 20, 2009, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

thanks!

Posted by kingdom on June 20, 2009, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

it’s awesome, but it’s still choppy, hope in the movie it’s complete

Posted by kingdom on June 20, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Hp___dh_40_thumb

AMAZING!!! i am starting to not totally hate michael gambon as dumbledore. and young riddle was just brilliant!!

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on June 20, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
A153_thumb

Did anyone else think that was kind of… boring?

Posted by NightSky on June 20, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I loved the performance of Riddle. But the scene as a whole did seem a bit choppy and rushed. I hope it is not the complete scene as well. And I’m sorry to nitpick here but what the hell is with the pensive?!?! That is not what it looked like in GOF! Why must they mess with everything from film to film? Have they ever heard of continuity?! At least the pensive in GOF was in a stone basin which is how it is described in the books. Not as a free floating pool of water. And Harry did not fall into it. Which they did do in GOF. Seeing as that is how it is described in the books as well you would think they would keep it. Unless of course this is just a portion of the entire scene in which case I hope to be pleasantly surprised when I see the movie.

Posted by phantomdave79 on June 20, 2009, 10:58 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Just watched the retrospective. Now that was cool! It reminded me how much I love these films. When I do nit pick like above it is out of love. For the characters and their stories. This is the first movie for me post reading of the books so I have a completely different perspective than I have ever had before. No matter how much i nitpick I know I will love the movie as a whole.

Posted by phantomdave79 on June 20, 2009, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

i can’t wait for the new film

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 21, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator

@ phantomdave79:
Actually i don’t think they have changed anything on how the pensieve looks. Search for a pic of the pensieve used in GoF and you’ll see that the pensieve there is just the one used in HBP but only in a stone base. In the book (HBP) the pensieve is often described as placed on the headmaster’s desk and removed from its original place. That’s why they made the pensieve look like this in the film, I think.
But yeah, you’re right about the fact that harry doesn’t fall in the pensieve anymore.

Posted by Sorcererke on June 21, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator

Malfoy looked up at the crumbling house behind Ron.[br]"Suppose you'd love to live here, wouldn't you, Weasley? Dreaming about having your own bedroom? I heard your family all sleep in one room -- is that true?"