New Print Ads for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Video Game; Recap on New Posters

Video Games
June 19, 2009, 07:31 AM

New marketing is available for items relating to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today in the form of two new print ads for the video game from EA. As seen via the official Facebook page for the game, you can see an advertisement featuring Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) that urges us to "Summon the Wizard Within You." A second ad features the same tag line, only featuring a young fan playing the game on his Nintendo DS. The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Video Game will be released June 30, 2009.

For those of us who follow WB on Twitter and on the official Facebook page will have noted two new posters for the movie : This poster, with the tagline "The Darkest Hour is Here," and this poster with same tagline only showing Snape, Bellatrix, Draco, and Greyback.
As a recap and for those who might have missed it earlier or are having trouble accessing the various sites, as TLC first reported, the official Half-Blood Prince websites have been updated with a slew of new posters, wallpapers and icons. You can see all of these here; the rest here

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

First? Never did this before! lol!

Posted by Thio on June 19, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

ilovee the wallpapers O

Posted by potterrock on June 19, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice pix…

Posted by Won_Two on June 19, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The new posters featured in this article are absolutely spectacular and do capture the atmosphere of the story effectively. I cannot wait to see the movie!

Posted by Kirk on June 19, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

I liked this two new posters! Are they posters?
Well, I liked them! ^^

The picture of the “heroes” and “villains” on what looks like a subway station… that one is a bit of a stretch. I mean, it is still Harry Potter; why force so much on the subway scenario?

One thing I’ve been thinking though, about this movie’s poster concept is that it is somewhat chaotic. I mean, they all follow the same color spectrum ( kind of ) and the over layering of logo and characters… but it’s still all over the place. We’ve got really close close-up’s, we’ve got train stations and Hogwarts scenario, we’ve got logo at the front and them at the back… well! I don’t know.

I’m doing a really poor job trying to explain myself. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I don’t feel in this year posters the unity I felt in the previous years artwork. Any thoughts?

Posted by Thio on June 19, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Wsnape_thumb

LOVE the one with the “bad guys.” Greyback is a little creepy, but Bella, Sev, and Draco look amazing. I just found my new desktop photo!

Posted by AlwaysSS on June 19, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

nice new pictures!

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

new desktop photos!

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 10:50 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

cool i think wb should not advertise snape with death eaters i mean not for me cuz i read the books i know what happens but for people who just watch the move there giving to much away why not just show the whole end of the movie they almost have.. what happens in the tower is like the big shocker the climax and there giving it away… but thats just me ha

Posted by Horcruxalej on June 19, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Wow! June 30th is quickly approaching!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 20, 2009, 12:06 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Nice.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 20, 2009, 03:11 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

omg i luv the posters!!!!!!

"I've been promoted," Percy said before Harry could even ask, and from his tone, he might have been announcing his election as supreme ruler of the universe. "I'm now Mr. Crouch's personal assistant, and I'm here representing him."