Near Miss for Robert Pattinson (Updated)

Pattinson
June 19, 2009, 09:33 AM

Actor Robert Pattinson (Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory in Goblet of Fire) had a near miss after being clipped by a cab while filming a new movie in New York. The BBC reports that Robert was hit by a taxi as initial reports say he tried to escape a crowd of over eager fans and was nipped by the cab as he tried to cross the street. The report says Robert was not seriously hurt in the mishap, and notes: 'The actor's security guards were reportedly furious about the scuffle and one was heard shouting: "You see what you did, you almost killed him." The Press Association also cites an onlooker who said "It's been non-stop busy all day with people trying to get a glimpse of him, and the crowd goes nuts when they do see him.
Update: The Daily News has more on this, citing a spokesperson for Summit, who confirms that Rob is fine, and the cab "barely grazed" the actor. The article also cites the spokesperson as saying this incident " was not caused by his fans," but declined to elaborate on how or what exactly took place in the incident where Robert was grazed by the cab.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

ha its those twilight girls!!!!! CRAZY!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on June 19, 2009, 10:30 PM report to moderator

I completely agree with runaroundkid and Harry Potter 4 Ever!!!
However, I’m sorry for Robert. I know he already feared fangirls because he had already had bad experiences with them. I guess this makes things worse.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 19, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

:( that´s the darkside of being an idol.Good he didn´t got badly hurt!

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 19, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator

Gosh, look at what the fans have done now. Fan girls need to learn to calm down, or else their Spunk Ransom, or Mr. President (yes, I have watched many interviews with him) will be gone forever. Good choice, Rob.

Posted by maryluna on June 19, 2009, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Ph191_thumb

Ah, boohoo. If it weren’t for STUPID Twilight, and his traitor ways, nobody would even know who he is. So, i couldn’t care less if he gets a scratch from a cab. If he was hurt more severely, then I’d feel bad for him, but seeing as he isn’t.. Well, I don’t. (:

Posted by PotterYay on June 19, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

those Twihards need to relax – and i’m both into Harry Potter and Twilight, what’s the big war between fans?

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I am glad that they finally corrected this because I am tired reading all the Twilight haters making rude and uncalled for remarks about Twilight and Twilight fans. (Grow up! You would not want anyone saying those things about Harry Potter. So why do it to another group?) I heard last night that this was not true. Though I do like how it has brought to attention how stupid some fans (Harry Potter fans included) act towards actors/celebrities. I really find it interesting how one tabloid publishes a wild story and all the rest of newspapers and magazines just run with it because it is about a very popular actor (or celebrity). Nobody seemed to have checked with reps for Rob Pattinson, Remember Me or Summit. I hate reading about anything about actors/actresses because most of the things seem to be rumors from unnamed “sources” and “witnesses”.

Posted by Miss Freewind on June 19, 2009, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Poor Robert, I hope he’s alright.

Posted by Linnyish on June 19, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Poor Robert, I hope he’s alright.

Posted by Linnyish on June 19, 2009, 11:37 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

not like when he was with HP -

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 19, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

He really has hit that Beatle mania kind of hysteria

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 19, 2009, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Good thing he didnt hurt his face ;P

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on June 19, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Good thing he didnt hurt his face ;P

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on June 19, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

This story imo is news as opposed to gossip, right now it’s the top story at Yahoo (not that Yahoo’s word is law … lol) To me it’s just sad that people calling themselfs fans would cause harm to the object of their obsession. It’s not the first time a star has been hurt … I would say I’m pretty much obsessed with HP so, I’m not dissing the whole obsession thing but, sense & reason and all that :s Meh…

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 20, 2009, 12:30 AM report to moderator
Vivi_avie_thumb

I do hope RP is fine and didn’t sustain any lasting injuries…but omg, the poor guy! All those crazy fans trying to see him/touch him/whatever to him…I think I would try to take my chances playing Frogger with the traffic, too! LOL

Posted by tryston009 on June 20, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

The only thing Harry liked about his own appearance was a very thin scar on his forehead that was shaped like a bolt of lightning. He had had it as long as he could remember.