Near Miss for Robert Pattinson (Updated)

Pattinson
June 19, 2009, 09:33 AM

Actor Robert Pattinson (Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory in Goblet of Fire) had a near miss after being clipped by a cab while filming a new movie in New York. The BBC reports that Robert was hit by a taxi as initial reports say he tried to escape a crowd of over eager fans and was nipped by the cab as he tried to cross the street. The report says Robert was not seriously hurt in the mishap, and notes: 'The actor's security guards were reportedly furious about the scuffle and one was heard shouting: "You see what you did, you almost killed him." The Press Association also cites an onlooker who said "It's been non-stop busy all day with people trying to get a glimpse of him, and the crowd goes nuts when they do see him.
Update: The Daily News has more on this, citing a spokesperson for Summit, who confirms that Rob is fine, and the cab "barely grazed" the actor. The article also cites the spokesperson as saying this incident " was not caused by his fans," but declined to elaborate on how or what exactly took place in the incident where Robert was grazed by the cab.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope he’s okay!!!!!!!!!!!! god that would hurt!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on June 19, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

Twilight fangirls aren’t the only ones exhibiting such sophomoric behavior. Fans of many young stars act brainless. It’s a shame really that they can’t see themselves for the little twits that they are. :(
I am truly glad the Robert wasn’t injured.

Posted by Fereverto on June 19, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

that’s crazy.

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 19, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator

This poor guy. Although, being from New York myself people get clipped by cabs all the time. It’s a combination of bad driving on the part of the taxi drivers, overzealous pedestrians and overcrowding. I’m just glad he wasn’t seriously hurt.

Posted by Broomsnitch on June 19, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

If you check out Twilight Lexicon you will find that this report has been dismissed as inaccurate and overdone. Filming continues and Rob is fine.

Posted by Graymayne on June 19, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

head!desk

Poor Rob, he should never have aligned himself with that series and the crazy fangirls.

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on June 19, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

He’ll end up in an asylum if fans don’t get a grip… I’m not worried about his safety as much as his sanity!

Posted by Despina on June 19, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator

Seriously, this is what constitutes as news these days? I don’t want to be rude, because I know the Leaky staff all put a tremendous effort into making the site the best they can, but likewise I have to give my honest feedback. An actor who was in one Harry Potter movie having a minor mishap 4 years later on the set on another (completely unrelated) movie is NOT relevant to HP news at all. And I really hate to say this, but this article has a tabloid-y feel that I wouldn’t expect to see on Leaky and that I feel uncomfortable with. There’s no need to try to capitalize on Twilight’s enormous success by posting inane, gossipy articles about Robert Pattinson.

Posted by runaroundkid on June 19, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

Traitor.. I loved him as Cedric but I HATE the Twilight series!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on June 19, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Rsz_1myleakypic_thumb

Poor guy. I know actors are usually pretty happy to have fans and attention, but I wonder if he had any idea what he signed up for when he agreed to play Edward? Also, I love how Sue casually mentions Rob has “remained well in the public eye” even after playing a famous Hufflepuff. I mean really, what could be more worthy of adoration than proudly representing the yellow and black badger? lol.

Posted by SnapeShapedHole on June 19, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator

That’s why Twilight Fangirls are a danger to society.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on June 19, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Lust_thumb

I would’ve yelled the same thing as the security guard but probably a little more vulgar. Wow, that’s insane and sad. How stupid are these fangirls.

runaroundkid, they report about any/all actors from the HP cast. Plus Rob is well known now as Edward so despite his small role in HP, it’s not all he’s done.

While, I’m not a fan of Twilight at all, I still don’t understand the need to call Rob a traitor nor do I understand the feud between the HP fans and Twihards. It’s silly and immature in my opinion.

Posted by punkedup88 on June 19, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

ahhh dont he wish he was still a hufflepufff?

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 19, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Hg_thumb

Poor Rob. Please, girls, back off. He’s a person and more than just your eye candy. Can you imagine how annoying it has to be to be hounded that way?

Posted by Chreechree on June 19, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Picture_4_thumb

Oh my. Poor Rob. His crazy fangirls should learn to give him some space!

Posted by Hannahmation on June 19, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator

When Hermione had bustled off to check on the Polyjuice Potion again, Ron turned to Harry with a doom-laden expression.[br]"Have you ever heard of a plan where so many things could go wrong?"