Get Your Own Pair of SpectreSpecs with Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Deluxe Gift Book

HBP Film
June 19, 2009, 07:10 AM

Several days ago we showed you some lovely inside looks at the Deluxe Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince pop up gift book. Today, there are new photos of the book online.  As sported by the ever lovely and fascinating Luna Lovegood courtesy of the Quibbler, we learn that fans everywhere will be receiving a pair of Spectrespecs that are included with the new book (photos here and here). While the photos are slightly blurry, you can also see pop up pages for Dumbledore and Fawkes, Lift the flap on the Horcruxes including the Diadem of RavenclawHarry and Ginny, Hogwarts,actually including all four house crests, Death Eaters including Bellatrix, Draco and Lucius, and much more via this link.

Thanks much to Daniel and Potterish!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hufflepuff_thumb

I love how this book doesn’t try to conceal any information at all. Like it very blatantly says that Draco Malfoy becomes a Death Eater and then it shows Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem in the Horcrux section. I mean, it’s all old news to fans, but not to people who might just watch the movies and decide to look through the book…but I really want this book. Ha ha.

Posted by tubaturtle on June 20, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

Posted by tubaturtle on June 20, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

Whoa, sorry for the triple post. My computer’s acting up.

Posted by tubaturtle on June 20, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Yes they’re already selling it in UK bookstores! I saw it in both Borders and Waterstones :)
Worth getting – I love it!

Posted by MuggleQueen on June 20, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Casey_close_up_thumb

Yeah, they do reveal a lot of potential spoilers for people who haven’t read the books, however I thought it was interesting that while they revealed Ravenclaw’s diadem as a Horcrux, they left out the one that we have known about the longest…Tom Riddle’s Diary. They only have seven, including the one with the ? mark…and that one sure isn’t the diary!

Posted by JKMcGonagall on June 20, 2009, 01:37 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I think I might just have to buy this book as soon as possible now. I would certainly enjoy wearing SpectreSpecs all the time.

Posted by Kirk on June 20, 2009, 03:25 AM report to moderator

We can get Spectrespecs to see through the cloak!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 20, 2009, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

omg AWESUM!!! luna rocks!!!

Spectrespecs!

Posted by Leeann on June 21, 2009, 11:59 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Don't be a fool," snarled the face. "Better save your own life and join me... or you'll meet the same end as your parents.... They died begging me for mercy...."