Bonnie Wright: An Entertainment Weekly Movie Must BeWitching Love Interest

Wright
June 19, 2009, 08:03 AM

Actress Bonnie Wright is featured this week in Entertainment Weekly as a  "Movie Must Bewitching Love Interest." As seen via this link, the magazine says:

AGE 18
WHY HER Few Harry Potter fans imagined that Ginny Weasley would blossom into the love of the boy wizard's life. Ditto Wright, the actress who has played Ginny since she was 9. Now Wright and her character move into the spotlight with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, opening July 15.

There is also video of Bonnie noting her summer musts, where she notes she has Leonard Cohen, Truffaut and also ''I'm reading Milton's Paradise Lost,'' she says. ''Creation, Adam and Eve, fall of man — great stuff.''

Thanks to our Order Partner Bonnie Wright Online, and Fez for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

Awww, I love Bonnie! Yay for her making EW magazine! She sounds really intelligent.

Posted by rosalie on June 19, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

Yes, making the EW must list is quite a big deal. It’s nice to see Bonnie getting some attention.

I love her taste in books, film and music too.

Posted by mouse68 on June 19, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator

He he he!! I’m one of those few fans they mention who knew all along she would be Harry’s love interest ^^

Very interesting readings =) Good taste, Bonnie!! ;-)

Posted by Bonnie Radcliffe on June 19, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good article, and good for Bonnie!

Posted by budgie on June 19, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

Go Bonnie :)

Posted by TasyaWeasley on June 19, 2009, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

she looks great!

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 10:54 PM report to moderator

I have to agree with Chereecheree on this one. pretty much every one apart from the H/H shippers saw this coming but hey. And is it just me or does it look like they called her Ditto Wright instead of bonnie in the middle of the article!?!

Posted by jonamos (WBM) on June 19, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

she looks great!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on June 19, 2009, 11:55 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Nice to see something about Bonnie.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on June 20, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Img_0076_thumb

I’m pretty sure they are talking about movie Ginny because many fans or at least I knew Book Harry&Ginny would become a couple since the PS/SS train scene when Harry sees Ginny chasing the train until nearly out of sight.

Posted by tarotx on June 20, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I agree about the “FEW” part. Most book readers knew they were going to be a couple from the first. That is one of the reasons HBP is my favorite book. Movie only people do miss out on so much.

Posted by Cool G on June 20, 2009, 12:36 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

I’m glad the press is throwing Bonnie some love. As long as she isn’t shown only as the love interest of Harry (like Katie was for OotP), I’ll be happy.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on June 20, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

She’s very pretty on that article picture :)

Posted by Ravonja [WBM♥] on June 20, 2009, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’M SO HAPPY 2 SEE BONNIE N THE SPOTLIGHT. I can’t wait 2 read the article!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on June 20, 2009, 01:33 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I just have to say, in response to this article, that Ms. Wright has a fantastic taste in literature and I do hope that Paradise Lost inspires and provokes her as much as it as many other readers.

Posted by Kirk on June 20, 2009, 03:21 AM report to moderator

"You can't start [i]flying cars[/i] to try and get yourself noticed. Just calm down, all right? Plenty of time for all that when you're older. Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking! 'It's all right for him, he's an internationally famous wizard already!'