Bonnie Wright: An Entertainment Weekly Movie Must BeWitching Love Interest

Wright
June 19, 2009, 08:03 AM

Actress Bonnie Wright is featured this week in Entertainment Weekly as a  "Movie Must Bewitching Love Interest." As seen via this link, the magazine says:

AGE 18
WHY HER Few Harry Potter fans imagined that Ginny Weasley would blossom into the love of the boy wizard's life. Ditto Wright, the actress who has played Ginny since she was 9. Now Wright and her character move into the spotlight with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, opening July 15.

There is also video of Bonnie noting her summer musts, where she notes she has Leonard Cohen, Truffaut and also ''I'm reading Milton's Paradise Lost,'' she says. ''Creation, Adam and Eve, fall of man — great stuff.''

Thanks to our Order Partner Bonnie Wright Online, and Fez for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

Cohen, Truffaut, and Milton: very interesting choices.

Posted by zoltan42 on June 19, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

wiwiwiiw….greatt information….bonnie is so prettyy

Posted by potterrock on June 19, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Agree with chreechree and CoolG. Where are they getting the “few” from. I think it was pretty clear where Jo was taking that relationship. Go Bonnie, Go Ginny!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on June 19, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

And I’m with Cool G and the others…who didn’t figure out that Harry and Ginny would be an item? It was certainly clear from the CoS novel, and even pretty clear in the film. And (basic Freud folks!), surely it occurred to others that Lily Potter’s hair was also long and red?

Again I am impressed by the poise of these young actors…Bonnie Wright seems to be following in Emma Watson’s path! And we can wonder how many students in the US are dealing with Leonard Cohen, Truffaut and Milton this summer?

Now, on a sillier note, I will admit with a sigh that I regret being “considerably” too old to even hang a poster of Ms. Wright on the wall ;-) Not only have I a weakness for red-heads, she has a fantastic Lauren Bacall voice…who can ignore that memorable line “I’m not wearing that, it’s ghastly”? ;-)

Posted by budb on June 19, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Hpavatar3_thumb

I had the same reaction many others did upon reading this article. I hoped from the very first book when Ginny is mentioned on Platform 9 3/4 that she and Harry were going to end up together.

Posted by Rose_Lily on June 19, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Just struck me that the mere fact I referred to Lauren Bacall is a dead give away to how much considerably older i am!

Of course, I also had a crush on Carol Burnette when I was a kid….

Posted by budb on June 19, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator

this article is, with the exception of the beautiful pic, rather boring. Too bad too many press people don t put efforts in asking interesting questions. And I had my bet on Ginny/Harry from SS Platform, too

Posted by Giant Fairy on June 19, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator

Cool.

Posted by badger666 on June 19, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

She sure has grown up a LOT!

Posted by Won_Two on June 19, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator

Said it before and I’ll say it again: Bonnie Wright is way prettier on her own than she is as Ginny Weasley.
They really ought to let her style her own look for the films.

Posted by sgt_majorette on June 19, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I think we all saw this coming.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 19, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

she looks good. yayyy for Bonnie :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 19, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

im sosososoooooooso glad that theres finally starting to be stuff on bonnie wright. i mean dont the media ppl realize that ginny eventually marries the star character of these books? i never understand why its taken them so long to get going. ah well. im sorry im just such a diehard h/g shipper i cant help myself :P

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 19, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

Ugh of all the material to read….Paradise Lost?! So tedious, I don’t know why she would put herself through it.

Posted by Broomsnitch on June 19, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

She is really beautiful!Love that hair of hers!

Posted by saffran { roar } on June 19, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator

Chess was the only thing Hermione ever lost at, something Harry and Ron thought was very good for her.