Wizarding World of Harry Potter Starting to Hire; Opening in January of 2010?

Fans
June 18, 2009, 08:21 AM

For many months we've reported the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction was due to open in early 2010. Today there is an article online regarding a young woman from the UK who has been hired to work at the Harry Potter park in Orlando, Florida.  In a joyful piece, she recounts how Universal is starting to hire for workers at the park, and says she "will be an attraction ambassador and part of the welcome team as the new island opens,” says Alyssa. “I’ll be on crowd control and it will involve handing out questionnaires and surveys to see how the new attraction is being received."

The piece says that young Alyssa Nicholas got the job as she is a student at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston. As part of her 12 months work, she will be working in 3 months blocks at various parts of Universal, then continues: "In January next year, Alyssa will move on and be part of the grand opening of a new ‘island’ within the park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, said to be “the world’s first fully immersive Harry Potter themed environment” based on the best-selling books and blockbuster films by JK Rowling." Alyssa also says of her job handing out questionnaires to all the Harry Potter fans that will be visiting the park: "This is important when you are dealing with a new attraction as it will quickly reveal how people are responding to it and throw up any initial problems that there might be. “It’s a great opportunity to be there when they open a new attraction like this. It’s a major event and it will be very busy.”

Good luck Alyssa! Please note: Scores of readers have asked about all other job opportunities at the theme park. Unfortunately we do not know when they will be hiring on large scale yet and will update with that when we can, and we also urge you to follow this site for more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

i cant wait to go i live like 2-3 hours away from there, in a few years i hope to get a job there :D

Posted by idontneedausername on June 19, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator

Posted by idontneedausername on June 19, 2009, 02:55 AM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

I hope I see her in 2010 in the park!

Posted by hermione97 on June 19, 2009, 05:24 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I should apply, as I’m “retired”… :-)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on June 19, 2009, 06:31 AM report to moderator

I think I could play a pretty convincing Angelina Johnson!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on June 19, 2009, 06:50 AM report to moderator
Hangin__out_at_the_game_-_small_thumb

I’m going to Orlando next week for vacation. I’m sure hoping to do some snooping!

Posted by potter_mom_in_GA on June 19, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Very cool. It’s nice to have an idea of when it’s going to open next year! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 19, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

greattt!! yay

Posted by potterrock on June 19, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

O MAN! I just know im going to be running around that park like a 5 year old whose had too much chocolate…my kids are gonna think im crazy lmao!

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on June 19, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Tardis_thumb

she is so lucky. cant wait

Posted by Mr. Ollivander on June 20, 2009, 01:48 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot believe that Universal Studios takes the input of fans so seriously that they are actually hiring staff to seek it! I am impressed and both pleased that they care about our perspectives so on the theme park (of course, this is only to maximize profits, but I am going to pretend that it is because they love this fandom so).

Posted by Kirk on June 20, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore1_thumb

awesome! definitely planning a family trip to see this! i’ll drag my husband, kicking and screaming, if i have to.

Posted by Empressa on June 20, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator

cant wait for it to open!

Posted by Leeann on June 21, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I can’t wait! January is so much earlier then I thought it would be! Still far though :( 2010 will be awesome!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on June 25, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator

"I must ask you not to scream," said Lockhart in a low voice. "It might provoke them."[br]As the whole class held its breath, Lockhart whipped off the cover.[br]"Yes," he said dramatically. [i]"Freshly caught Cornish pixies."[/i]