Wizarding World of Harry Potter Starting to Hire; Opening in January of 2010?

Fans
June 18, 2009, 08:21 AM

For many months we've reported the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction was due to open in early 2010. Today there is an article online regarding a young woman from the UK who has been hired to work at the Harry Potter park in Orlando, Florida.  In a joyful piece, she recounts how Universal is starting to hire for workers at the park, and says she "will be an attraction ambassador and part of the welcome team as the new island opens,” says Alyssa. “I’ll be on crowd control and it will involve handing out questionnaires and surveys to see how the new attraction is being received."

The piece says that young Alyssa Nicholas got the job as she is a student at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston. As part of her 12 months work, she will be working in 3 months blocks at various parts of Universal, then continues: "In January next year, Alyssa will move on and be part of the grand opening of a new ‘island’ within the park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, said to be “the world’s first fully immersive Harry Potter themed environment” based on the best-selling books and blockbuster films by JK Rowling." Alyssa also says of her job handing out questionnaires to all the Harry Potter fans that will be visiting the park: "This is important when you are dealing with a new attraction as it will quickly reveal how people are responding to it and throw up any initial problems that there might be. “It’s a great opportunity to be there when they open a new attraction like this. It’s a major event and it will be very busy.”

Good luck Alyssa! Please note: Scores of readers have asked about all other job opportunities at the theme park. Unfortunately we do not know when they will be hiring on large scale yet and will update with that when we can, and we also urge you to follow this site for more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Ron1_thumb

Oh my gosh, January? That’s my birthday month! YAY! I hope this is true. That’ll be the best birthday ever. Hogwarts – that’s my present! Lol x)

Posted by Christine on June 18, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator

I’m hoping I can get there for Spring Break! :-)

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 18, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Definitely going to visit…

Posted by Won_Two on June 18, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

coooooool!!

Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Cool! One month after my car’s paid off.

Posted by Hydrus on June 18, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

Oh yesssssss :)
I really want to go. And maybe my friend can take me with her to her family who lives in Florida :)
That girl Alyssa is REALLY lucky

Posted by Ravonja [WBM♥] on June 18, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

What a lucky kid!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on June 18, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Hp___dh_40_thumb

i’ve told all my friends that we going to be first in line even if it means camping out in front of universal for a week. ; )

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on June 18, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

I can’t believe that it is opening in JANUARY 2010!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on June 18, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Newgee1_thumb

yaaaaay good for u guys :(
I’m already cant go there because our country is too far away but I’m happy for you guys :)

Posted by ms.black parade on June 18, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Bottlenose_dolphin_thumb

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Posted by D☺lphin♀500 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ on June 18, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

how exciting! I almost wish I was still in FL just to work there! I would do so well in Flourish and Blotts ;)

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on June 18, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Testolv_thumb

That’s awesome!

Posted by CissyMalfoy on June 18, 2009, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

I really want to go for the opening but its going to be sooooooo busy, I might have to wait a bit, its a long way to travel from the UK if the park is going to be crammed to the point of bursting.

Posted by pinkmoosely on June 18, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

Hmm…the commuting hours from NY to Florida might just be a TAD too long [:

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on June 18, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator

"as Marge doesn't know anything about your [i]abnormality[/i], I don't want any -- any [i]funny[/i] stuff while she's here. You behave yourself, got me?"[br]"I will if she does," said Harry through gritted teeth.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014