News From Australia: Premiere Set for July 12; Half-Blood Prince Set Visit Report

HBP Film
June 18, 2009, 08:02 AM

Several pieces of news today from Australia and the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. First, tickets are now available for pre-sale in many countries around the world; TLC reader Sion let us know that in Australia you can purchase them for the 15th via Village Cinemas.

Second, word has crossed the wires about this article from the Brisbane Times noting the Australian premiere of Half-Blood Prince will take place July 12 at WB "Movie World on the Gold Coast" No other details are currently available, with the article simply stating "celebrities and VIPs are expected to walk the red carpet at the July 12 event." More details when we get them.

Finally, while not yet online alas, the Herald Sun published their report to a trip to the set of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and a scan is now online. While none of the photos are new, there are tidbits of props on the set (boxes of cereal labelled Pixie Puffs: They're Goblin Great!"), details about the Gryffindor set (the boys no longer fit in the beds), plus a few new comments from actor Dan Radcliffe. Also of interest is the following regarding filming that was underway for the Slug Club Christmas Party:Rupert Grint (aka Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) aren’t among that team today — they’ve headed north for an outdoor location shoot — but the boy wizard himself, Daniel Radcliffe, is present for duty in the place he’s called his second home since before he was even a teenager (he turns 20 next month). Radcliffe’s not in this scene, but he’s happily watching what Jim Broadbent, who makes his Potter debut in the Half-Blood Prince as Horace Slughorn, does with his several go-throughs.

Slughorn is greeting guests, including Luna Lovegood (played by the wonderfully eccentric Evanna Lynch) dressed up like a silver Christmas tree, and with each take Broadbent mixes it up — easy stuff for a veteran of his status.

‘‘I wasn’t in the first shot this morning but I went down to watch it just ’cos . . . I’m just interested in it and I want to see how other people act together. It’s about learning, for me,’’ Radcliffe says. ‘‘I like wandering round. Sometimes I go and play table tennis or I’ll read or I’ll play a computer game. But most of the time here I’m on set, so there is not a huge amount of down time.’’  Thanks to SS for the scan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ronhermione_thumb

christmas tree?? AWESUM!!! haha!! luna is made of pure AWESUM!!

thank you very much for the reply, Sue!!! have a nice day, and I’m sorry if I commented too many times ;)
Ele

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 18, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator

Ele

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 18, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator

I want to attend the premiere!! I might go to london, though.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on June 18, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

I just read that from the bottom paragraph up…that was strange [:

and Rupert and Emma have headed North for a separate shoot? o_0

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on June 18, 2009, 09:18 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

nice piece – thanks

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 18, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

pixie puffs! yum! lol

Posted by kingdom on June 19, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

lol Luna dressed as a Christmas tree? XD

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 19, 2009, 12:43 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very interesting…

Posted by Won_Two on June 19, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

cool!!

Ok so it will be early but not as great as we are going to have here in Vegas

Posted by HGROSS44 on June 19, 2009, 02:50 AM report to moderator
Defsarcasm_thumb

Damn…why oh why do I live in Sydney!! Ah well, at least we get a premier…unlike most other times…Australia gets so isolated.

Posted by Tiannangel [FTC!] on June 19, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Luna dressed as a Christmas tree is funny

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 19, 2009, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

@Asi, because there’s a WB movie world at the Gold Coast. They’ve had other WB premiere’s there before ;)

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on June 19, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Interesting piece! I would certainly like to see what the cast in their Hogwarts beds now, just to see how far their legs stretch out beyond the end. :D

Posted by Kirk on June 19, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator

"You try putting up tinsel when Peeves has got the other end and is trying to strangle you with it."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014