Tom Felton, Matt Lewis, James and Oliver Phelps To Attend West End Live HBP Launch This Weekend

HBP Film
June 17, 2009, 02:04 PM

As part of the continuing build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, actors Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and the Weasley Twins, James and Oliver Phelps will be appearing in person in Leicester Square, London, England this Friday June 19th. Their appearance is part of a "West End Live" Launch that is part of the ongoing MSN tour we've told you about previously. The press release states the following:

To celebrate the forthcoming release of HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE, the sixth instalment in the Harry Potter series, Warner Bros. Pictures have created a magical tour which will roll into Leicester Square, on Thursday, 18th - Sunday, 21st June. Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) will attend the West End Live launch on Friday, 19th June.

On Thursday, 18th and Friday, 19th June the tour will be running for prize winners only. On Saturday, 20th and Sunday, 21st June the tour will be run on a first come, first served basis. Everyone who walks through the Harry Potter experience will have the chance to see a selection of the original production sets, some of the iconic costumes as worn by Harry Potter and Dumbledore and props that will include an original Firebolt broomstick.

Prize winners only will have the opportunity to perform a spell "on-camera" and this will be entered into a separate competition to win the ultimate prize. One lucky winner will have an unforgettable film experience: They will win the chance to visit Leavesden Studios in England to see the Harry Potter sets and a chance to appear in one of the final Harry Potter films.

The press release also has more about the release of the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the tour specifically  in London, England.

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE will open across the UK on Wednesday 15th July 2009

London Dates:

June 18 Thurs Leicester Square (ticketed)
June 19 Fri Leicester Square (ticketed)
June 20 Sat West End Live - Leicester Square(open to public/no recording)
June 21 Sun West End Live - Leicester Square(open to public/no recording)
June 22 Mon London - Sydenha
Reminder: As TLC first reported this morning, the UK edition of the official Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince website has been updated with a slew of new posters, wall papers and buddy icons, as well as new previews of the score to HBP by Nicholas Hooper. No word on when the US site will be updated; more on that when it happens!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

It’s getting closer. YAY!

Posted by budgie on June 17, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Oh man, why don’t I live in London?! * sigh *

Any news yet as to which actors will make it to Finland on their HBP promo tour? Rumour is that a celebrity premiere is in the making but no news yet as to who the guests might be…

Posted by MischiefManaged on June 17, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator

That’s a HUGE prize! So cool!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on June 17, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I FREAKING LOVE THESE GUYS
Have fun to all in the UK.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on June 17, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator

It’s events like this that make me wish I lived in the UK!

Posted by Broomsnitch on June 17, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator

OMG i’ll be in London then to i think, omg this is cool what time is it going to start? I want to stay in the very front XD

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on June 17, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Dnmgazvy_thumb

Argh! I’m doing something on Saturday so I can’t go.

Posted by Apple on June 17, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoaa way cool! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 17, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator

I am feeling so lucky right now that I live where I do. Plus it’s the biggest incentive yet to go to Leicester Square this weekend. Performances from West End Shows AND the Half-Blood Prince Tour! Wow!

Posted by enchantedsocks on June 17, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator

I WON A TCIKET WOOP! to sydenham one :D

Posted by granger_malfoy on June 17, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

This is just one more of those times when I wished I lived in the UK.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on June 17, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Yesterday I was able to pre-order my HBP Imax ticket for 7/15 here in NYC
talk about real excitement!

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 17, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22029 Points

Good luck! So sad! I won’t be at the UK!!! =,(

Rupes_maggie_thumb

Geez, I wish i could just jump on a plane and head to London for the weekend!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on June 17, 2009, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l7gra6qvbv1qckh5uo1_500_thumb

Aww mann, this’ll be so awesome. I wish I could go ):

Posted by iNazurah [FTC!] on June 18, 2009, 12:29 AM report to moderator

"Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want a bet?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014