Jessie Cave to Return as Lavender Brown for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
June 15, 2009, 08:12 PM

The July issue of Tatler Magazine contains a new interview with actress Jessie Cave and her role as Lavender Brown in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Thanks to Jessie Cave.com you can see the interview here (photo here), and recounts her final audition for the part : For the final audition I was kitted out in Hogwarts uniform and driven in a golf- buggy to the Gryffindor common room. I had to improvise in front of a room full of people with Rupert and a paper biscuit for half an hour.’  The article also notes she will be returning to the part in the final film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two. Readers will recall that Lavender fought with the DA during the Battle of Hogwarts, and fell from a balcony.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Well that’s a good bit of news.

Posted by Garden State Geek on June 15, 2009, 08:14 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I don’t remeber her character really in the last book. But it is good she will be back.

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on June 15, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Ooh, she has a crush on Rupert? =) They’d make a cute couple…

Posted by Christine on June 15, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator
295565_thumb

paper biscuit !! and crush on Rupert ! LoL
cool interview , Jessie is Lovely.

Posted by soso on June 15, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

i liked her till i read the “she’s crushing on Rupert” part. Umm no, that is all Hermione/Emma’s, even if him and Emma won’t get together, I still can’t see him and Jessie together.

Posted by boona on June 15, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

cool news!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 15, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Polecat_thumb

“The envy of teenage girls, the starlet gets lot of jealous mail because she spent last year ‘psychotically bouncing around the harry potter set, trying to kiss Ron’.”

LMAO. Perfect.

Posted by Abi Demina on June 15, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am pleased to hear that she is doing! Based on what I have seen so far, I am convinced that she was well suited for the character!

Posted by Kirk on June 15, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator

I’m excited that she’s coming back… it may mean that they are bringing everyone back for the last battle…. i’m getting excited!

Posted by hermione06 on June 15, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

she has a crush on rupert…that’s interesting to know….

Posted by alegria35 on June 16, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Well that’s good news! Continuity, Im all about that

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on June 16, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

hehe lavender!

Posted by calliet2b4g on June 16, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator

Cool.

Posted by badger666 on June 16, 2009, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Ha ha cool. Love this kinda news

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on June 16, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome! I wonder if the scene where Hermione saves Lavender from Greyback is in the DH movie?! That’s the only scene I can remember with Lavender in it. But I love JESSIE! She’s so lucky to go from being a huge fan to kissing Rupert Grint! I would faint if that happened to me.

Posted by cghambright on June 16, 2009, 03:19 AM report to moderator

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed -- or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed."[br] Ron stared after her, his mouth open.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014