Up on the Rooftop, Spires are Built: New Construction Photos from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
June 14, 2009, 03:07 PM

There are some fantastic new photos online today from the ongoing construction at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Brian who let us know about these photos which show more of the mammoth walls of Hogwarts Castle, as well as a new side entrance archway to the castle, and more of the entrance way into the main Harry Potter portion of Universal Studios. Also of interest are new close up photos of work being done separately from the main park, these showing new details of the snow being applied to the roofs of buildings of Hogsmeade as well as some of the spires for the various buildings. As we have reported previously, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is due to open early next year.

Thanks so much Brian!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

51gc04es2jl_thumb

ugh i soo want to go when it opens up. i cant wait!!

Posted by cesca !ROAR! gold&yellow on June 15, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Can not wait untill it opens! I’m so going!

Posted by LunaLuver on June 15, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

With every new photo that comes in I grow increasingly excited for the final product! I cannot wait – and cannot even imagine what it will feel like – to visit this location in person next year!

Posted by Kirk on June 15, 2009, 04:34 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 15, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to finally go to this park!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on June 15, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Please get done and open the park!

Posted by Garden State Geek on June 15, 2009, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Order_of_the_phoenix__3__thumb

woo! very excited for this park! i live close to Orlando, (in Miami, for anyone’s interest), and i plan to be one of the first to visit next year.

Posted by kingdom on June 15, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Artwork_001_thumb

Can’t wait till it opens! I’m there for sure!

Posted by Cupcake1234 on June 15, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Most excellent.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 15, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

sweet it coming along…. can wait!!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on June 15, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

AWESUM!!!!

Avatar_3_thumb

I was in Orlando more than a month ago and I saw those too! Sooooo excited!

Posted by Lavendergirl ~WBM~ on June 15, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Photo_11_thumb

OMG.. I SO can’t wait to go to the theme park. It’s due to open early next year? WOO SUMMER TRIP! haha. I’m sure I could talk my BF into saving up to go to Florida for our trip next year, haha

Posted by Stephi Rose on June 16, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Img_7118_thumb

This is so exciting. I want to make my plans now! Yay for LeakyCon ’11.

Posted by gooseywizard on June 16, 2009, 02:35 AM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

You can see a part of a rollercoaster!!!
I’m very excited! :D

Posted by Ravonja [WBM♥] on June 16, 2009, 03:36 AM report to moderator

"I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," he said, not troubling to keep his voice down. "I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't