Marketing for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: One if by Movie Theater, Many if by Subway Posters

HBP Film
June 13, 2009, 02:11 PM

Look closely and you shall see, a poster for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince...or three..or many! Marketing is in high gear for the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film. Thanks to TLC reader hpboy who emailed us about a fantastic bunch of posters he spotted last night lining the walls of the subway in New York City near Times Square. You can see his large collection of photos he took with fellow fans here via his Flickr. Also thanks to Andy from Harry Potter FanZone who let us know about a poster from Australia showing Dumbledore and Harry outside the cave

As these posters are soon to be on walls, billboards, sides of buses movie lobbies and more all around the world, if you are out and about and take photos of these, please send them to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org and we will post them! Thanks much hpboy!

UPDATE: Thanks to Enrico from Harry Potter Update for these photos of lifesize cutouts of Harry Ron Hermione taken in a theater located in the Philippines

PLEASE NOTE: Again, we apologize for the down time we are experiencing with several of our sites, including our galleries, and hope to have them up again in the near future. Thanks for your understanding!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

wooooooooooooooooooooooow

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on June 14, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

They are really cool posters, love the one with all the bad guys. I’m goin 2 ny next week so i mite c them .YEAH

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on June 14, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Haha cool. I wonder if my cinema has one up? I wonder how much it’ll cost to buy it after they take it down?

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on June 14, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Whoahh! Thanks very much Ms. Sue =)

Posted by EnricoDc on June 14, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator

Guys, you have no idea how my friends and I flipped out when we saw those posters! Needless to say, we got some odd looks since this was near midnight and we were running around and shrieking, hanging off ledges and hugging poles :D

Posted by hpboy13 on June 14, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
3659036858_dc7ff3cd27_thumb

Great photos Irvin. Those posters all over the station are so cool. I see you love the Hermione ones. LOL! I love you guys!

Posted by JaxM on June 14, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

Irvin, how COOL! It was awsome to see you and other TGTSNBN members Jenna, Deanna, Jennifer and Shae cavorting with all those posters. I have to check this out.

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on June 14, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

Ravenclaw_thumb

I wish I had those posters on the walls of my room! They are awesome! :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on June 14, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator

Hell yeah, Debbie – Dyanne was there too, but since she’s the level-headed one I put her on camera duty. I wonder if the others are gonna upload pics – I distinctly remember among the HP goodness like 5 cameras flashing all the time.
Why yes, Jax, I do rather like the Hermione ones ;) Alas, if only they had a Luna poster…

Posted by hpboy13 on June 14, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

TGTSNBN FTW!

Posted by A*ROAR*a Borealis on June 14, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

i live abroad in nigeria 4 most of the yr and the cinema is stuffed with HP stuff. there was a huuge triangular thing with 2 posters of harry and one of dumbledore. i said 2 my friends: do u think theyll notice if i steal it. and they jus larfed at me!!! so rude!!

Avatar2_thumb

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on June 14, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Cool! I love seeing these marketing items from around the world!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on June 14, 2009, 10:50 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

I need to work at a movie theater so I can get all of these wonderful things when the movie is over [:

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on June 14, 2009, 11:55 PM report to moderator

"Ah, there's Penelope!" said Percy, smoothing his hair and going pink again. Ginny caught Harry's eye, and they both turned away to hide their laughter as Percy strode over to a girl with long, curly hair, walking with his chest thrown out so that she cou