Confirmed! BBFC Lists Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince at 153 Minutes, Given 12 A Rating in UK

HBP Film
June 10, 2009, 11:20 AM

The British Board of Film Classification has updated today with the news that indeed Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has a run time of 153 minutes and 19 seconds. The film has been given a 12A rating for those in the UK. This matches the earlier report from HPANA on the time of the film.
Thanks Will!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Yay! 2 1/2 hours of HBP. Can’t wait!

Posted by badger666 on June 11, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Ca67gdqr_thumb

Oh? I don’t know if I should be utterly happy about this or not…

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on June 11, 2009, 04:53 AM report to moderator

they have obviously included most of the story line if it has been given a 12a i was worried they would downgrade it a bit for kids. cant wait

Posted by phantomles on June 11, 2009, 05:18 AM report to moderator
Me_and_stuff_thumb

I can understand the rating. The books are just going to get gloomier…
Can’t wait!

Posted by Kwikspell on June 11, 2009, 06:03 AM report to moderator

I don´t think you can compare ratings. The American MPAA doesn´t make any sense anyway. ;)
Happy about the running time, though. Will be tough to watch it twice in one night. :)

Posted by Fonty on June 11, 2009, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

woot almost 3 hours =)
may go to the midnight showing, except none of my friends like Harry Potter, and it may be a tad embarrassing …

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 11, 2009, 07:15 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 1/2 of hhhhhhhhhhhhppppppppppp soooooooooo xcited 34 days 2 go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooo glad that it’s 12a , if it was pg non hp fans(weird people) mite not think it was good which it will be.

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on June 11, 2009, 07:18 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

At least it’s not shorter than OotP

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on June 11, 2009, 08:26 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

2 and 1/2 hours is awesome! I can’t wait! We are nearly there!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on June 11, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

Oh wow! Two hours and half, great! I’ll make sure to buy lots of popcorn…

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on June 11, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Stardust_thumb

Was this info already released before? I think I’m going crazy but I thought I already read somewhere a couple weeks ago that it was going to be 2 hours and 33 minutes. Either way…AMAZING news. Honestly, I’m pretty sure I’d sit there for 5 hours if they’d make a movie that long…

Posted by alisonshine [ROAR] on June 11, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

2 and 1/2 hours!!! SQUEE! This is awesome!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on June 11, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually get really excited with every new HP-movie, but the last 3 films has failed at so many levels. I wanna believe that this will be the best so far! I can’t wait to see the Ron parts for sure!
I just want the damn movie! Right now I’m sick and tired of all these trailer.

Posted by blackcatwitch on June 12, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator

Two and a half hours, thats excellent!! I’m so excited, and the coundown is getting so close!! :)

Posted by Bella ~ROAR~ on June 12, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator

Percy Weasley, meanwhile, had much to say on the subject of Sirius's escape.[br]"If I manage to get into the Ministry, I'll have a lot of proposals to make about Magical Law Enforcement!" he told the only person who would listen -- his girlfriend, Penelop